Clarifying The Myths

I was speechless as we pulled into his driveway. A gated driveway. Like, I couldn't just walk up to his door to visit. I stared. It looked bigger during the day. It was light out and that just hit me.

"Wait. How are you out in the sunlight?" I stared.

Shade got out and walked around the car. He opened my door and pulled me out. "Myths." He kissed my mouth.

I nodded. "Of course. Food?"

"Helps digest the blood. I eat bagged blood, Love. Donated. It's legal and everything." He took my hand, fingers entwined, and we walked into the big giant mansion. We walked up the stairs that I saw at the party last night? Was that just last night?

"Shade, this place is amazing!" I turned to look at everything as arms wrapped around me. He pulled me down the hall and up some more stairs. He opened a door and pulled me in. His lips were on mine. I loved kissing him. I moaned.

"Love your lips, Shaw!" Shade mumbled.

I moaned as he slid his tongue in my mouth. I wanted him. I was hard again. Damn.

"Sorry about lunch!" Shade grinded into me. He was hard too.

"Why?" I opened my eyes. I was breathless.

"Oysters are an aphrodisiac. Meaning that they naturally stimulate your desire." Shade purred into my ear.

"So, I'm turned on because of oysters!" I stared at him.

"No. You are turned on because you want me but the oysters help." Shade smiled. "We are not having sex so don't worry. I'm the top you know."

I glared. "Shade, as long as I'm part of that equation, I'm good being the bottom!"

Shade laughed as I smiled. He pulled me to his giant bed. It was a canopy, with curtains and everything. Very pretty room. Fancy and huge. Bigger than my... everything. I laid down and he slid onto me. "So, a mate is my perfect match. We call them our absolute and the Werewolves call them mates."

I stared at his lips. Okay.

"You are mine." He shrugged.

"But how do you know? I mean... it could be anyone." I knew I was just staring at him through this conversation. His finger touched my cheek.

"Your scent. When you sat next to me, Love. I wanted you. That never happens. Girls and guys throw themselves at me and I never was aroused. We are built for a mate.. Only. I knew you were mine. Those wolves were sniffing around you but Gabriella helped keep them away. I was grateful." Shade smiled.

"Wait? What wolves? I didn't see any..." I started but he interrupted.

"They were in their human form, Love. Matt. His pack. They were interested. I saw him watching you in the lunchroom. Gabriella snagged you up for me because you were shy around me." Shade smiled. He kissed my mouth. "This is better."

"I'm still confused because Gabriella was the first person that I met?" I was lost.

Shade looked into my eyes. "Shaw, you have the most gorgeous eyes. They are just the brightest blue. I saw you when you walked into the school. You were staring at the plants when I caught a faint scent. I asked Gabriella if she would befriend you and just look out for you. Plus, Shaw, She is just a sweet person. Nothing was out of pity."

Shade took a breath. "I wanted to walk up to you and talk but I was too afraid that I would lick you. I couldn't do that. Yet!"

"Lick me?" I stared at him.