News From Joe

I survived the week and told Gabriella I would stick out a second week. So far, things were fine. I never heard anyone say anything about the scholarship thing. No one. It was weird.

We played paintball again. I had a good day and finished my rebuild on Thursday. I went home early as a reward. I knew the guys would test it later, without me. I actually had a good week.

I made spaghetti and ate my share as Joe walked in. "Guess what!"

"I have no idea." I stood and washed my plate.

"I am going to a party on Saturday and you're going. You have to. My boss invited me and my family. You." Joe smiled. "I already got your suit."

I moaned. "Great. You know how much I hate social crap! I have work!"

"Nope. You have Saturday night off." Joe smiled. "And you have Sunday for good behavior. Hank said that. I guess that engine works? I stopped there first, looking for you. And don't worry about the money, with my raise, we are covered this week. Okay?" He knew that I would argue.

"I hate you. I'm going to shower!" I stormed to my room, got my stuff and showered. I never meant it when I said I hated him. In our family, it was a term of endearment. He knows I love him.

My mind wandered, in the shower, to Shade. Weird. I always figured I would have a crush on a girl like Gabriella but nope. Shade. His dark eyes and his smile... Oh, that smile. He looked like he belonged in a fairy tale story, somehow. He had the confidence of a fairytale prince.

Shade was graceful and sweet. Strong. I could still feel his hands on me from the other day. I had three classes with him and he sat beside me in all of them. He was starting to walk me to my other classes also. And we sat at lunch together. He was always beside me.

I began to wonder what it would be like to have his hands on me. Touching me! Kissing me. I could see visions of us kissing and him taking my shirt off. I could see him sliding his hands up and down my chest to my waist as I took off his shirt. I moaned. Oh, no! I was turned on in the shower!

I looked around...like an idiot! Who would know? I shrugged to myself and finished thinking about Shade. I almost moaned too loud. These walls were thin. The orgasm hit harder than any time before.

I gathered myself, got my breathing back to normal and got ready for bed. I sat with Joe as he finished off the spaghetti but at least it wasn't mac and cheese. I hated being poor but I had school lunch to look forward to and Shade sat with me. I had to be careful or I was getting hard again!

Just sit still, you weirdo, and talk with your brother.

A/N: Just a fun short chapter.