Part 35 - Captains Day

JJ, Kiara, and Pope were sitting down worried as hell about what they heard happened over the radio. "Any response?" A cop asked.

"They're not calling it off yet." Another cop replied.

Shoupe, Plumb, and another officer walked into the tent with raincoats on and the teens immediately stood up facing them. "Did you find them?" Pope asked.

"No." Shoupe replied shaking his head.

"So, they got away?" Kiara asked, wiping her tears away.

"We, uh....we lost them." Shoupe replied in a lower tone. "I'm sorry."

"You lost them?" Pope asked. "W-what do you mean you lost them? Like, they're gone?"

"They took an open boat into a tropical depression, Pope." Shoupe replied.

"Was it confirmed she was on there?" Kiara asked, tears welling up. "Is Brielle lost too?"

"I'm sorry." Plumb replied nodding. "It was confirmed by the cops on the water."

"So, they're dead?" Kiara asked.

"We don't know." Shoupe replied.

"You drove them straight through the storm, man!" JJ yelled. "Are you kidding me?! Come here!" He yelled charging him. "I'm gonna kill you!"

"JJ, stop!" Kiara cried.

"I'm gonna kill you, you bastard!" JJ yelled as cops held him back. "You killed them!"

"He didn't kill anyone, and you know it!" Pope yelled.

"We're still looking for them, all right?" Shoupe said.

"Pope, Pope, just stop." Kiara sobbed as Pope turned around angry. "Please, just stop."

"Y-you killed them." JJ said, Then car doors slammed and Kiara and Popes parents walked into the tent, Kiara immediately walking over and hugging them, sobbing.

"Pope! Pope!" Mrs. Heyward said and hugged her crying son.

"I'm sorry." Pope cried, then Heyward joined their hug. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay, baby." Mrs. Carrera assured.

"They didn't make it mom." Kiara sobbed.

Heyward pulled away from the hug and turned over to JJ, who was tearing up while looking at a gold necklace with a heart pendant on it. He walked over and pulled him into a hug. "I'm sorry, son."

"I didn't get the chance." JJ said, voice cracking.

Time Skip-John B, Sarah, and Brielle

Water sloshing around. That was all Brielle could hear. Her head felt like absolute shit, and all she could taste was salt water. Then someone coughing for air. "Sarah? Brielle?" The voice asked in a weak voice.

"J-John B!" Brielle replied, voice raspy.

"Brie?!" John B asked, voice louder.

"I'm here!" Brielle replied.

"Sarah?!" John B asked.

"Sarah?!" Brielle asked looking around, then a loud sound of coughing was heard on the other side of the boat.

"John B?" Sarah asked with a raspy voice. "Brielle?!"

"Sarah!" They both replied.

"Sarah, hey! We're coming!" John B said, then they both started swimming to the voice. Brielle got to Sarah first, considering she was closer. They immediately shared a hug until John B came and hugged both of them.