Part 11 - Olivia Redfield

Brielle and Kiara were in The Wreck cleaning up tables and sweeping the floors as Kiara vented. "What was I supposed to do? It was out of nowhere!" She said as she aggressively swept the floor.

"Uh well-"

"I just can't believe him. And now he wants to act like nothing happened? Hell no." Kiara continued.

"Well maybe you should-"

"Do not say forgive him."

"Hey guys." John B said walking in.

"Hey! Speak of the devil!" Brielle exclaimed.

"Huh? Anyways what are you two doing?"

"What does it look like?" Kiara asked.

"Spackling can wait." John B said. "Guys, we're about to make history."

"Are you concocting again?" Kiara asked.

"I'm down, let's go." Brielle said and hopped of the bar table.

"Great, and yes, I'm concocting." John B said. "I'm concocting more than I've ever concocted in my life. Look, I know you're just being a good friend and-and I know you're not trying to enable me in my delusion, but-"

"Dude." Kiara said

"I'll wait out in the van." Brielle said and left.

Time Skip

It was a few hours later and the sun had almost completely setter when the Pogues were driving down the street. "You mind if I just relax on this one?" JJ asked. "It's been a long day and a lot of weird stuffs gone down. I'm just gonna lay low. Oh, did you wanna hit this?" He said as he held up the blunt in Popes face.

"I keep the signal clear." Pope replied.

"Dude, okay. Do you understand that your problem is that you don't get creative, if you got creative then-"

"Look, I-I know I was wrong about the lighthouse, alright?" John B said, "And also wrong about everything else going on, but-but I was right about one thing. Okay? My dad is trying to tell me something."

"JJ, gimme." Brielle mumbled as she reached for the blunt. Instead of giving her the blunt he pushed her hands down and put the blunt in her mouth. "Thanks." She said and inhaled the smoke.

A few minutes later the van stopped and they all hopped out and grabbed their flashlights. They walked into the cemetery and turned them on. "Come on." Pope said as he noticed Kiara was behind.

"Im coming, jeez. This place is scary." Kiara replied. "John B, what are we even doing?"

"Shut up." John B said. "Okay, you know how you're trying to remember a song and can't remember who sings it?"

"Yeah."

"So, Redfield. This whole time, I thought it was a place, right? But it's not a place." John B said as they walked up to a building with a name engraved into the stone. "It's a person."

"Oh, damn." Brielle said.

"Voi-effing-la." JJ said.

"See, it's my great-great grandmother Olivia Redfield." John B said. "That was her maiden name."

Silence.

"Okay, you know what? Just help me with the door." John B said and Pope stepped forward.

"One, two, three." They said together and started pushing on the door.

"Are you pushing?" Pope said strained.

"Yeah I'm pushing." John B replied also with the same tone.

"Don't you dare laugh." Kiara said looking at Brielle. Just then Brielle let out a small laugh making JJ snort, making Brielle burst in laughter.

"Hang on, I got it." JJ said laughing and went up to Pope and John B.

"This door is like 700 pounds, man. It's not gonna budge." Pope said.

"We didn't come this far to get this far, all right?" JJ said pushing against the door.

"You got this!" Brielle said in a sarcastic cheering tone, then they all heard a hissing and a snake emerged from the rocks.

"Oh shit!"
"Snake!"
"Whoa!"

"That's a moccasin!" Brielle exclaimed.

"Ye olde Dr. Cottonmouth. Death in tall grass." JJ said, then barked.

"Shut up!" Kiara exclaimed.

"Your gonna wake the dead!" Pope exclaimed.

"They're afraid of dogs." JJ defended. "Wait, wait, hold on."

"What?" Kiara and John B asked.

"If there's one, there's probably dozens." JJ replied.

"Stop, you're scaring me!" Kiara said.

"I'll protect you." Brielle said wrapping her arms around her.

"Okay." Kiara said hugging her back.

"Stop freaking barking at the snakes!" John B exclaimed as JJ barked more.

"Not gonna lie, it's pretty funny." Brielle chuckled.

"No, it's not." Pope said annoyed.

"No humor." Brielle replied disappointed.

"Can you stop fighting?" John B asked.

"Alright, whatever. John B, look. We're not getting in there, all right? It's not budging." Pope said. "We should probably just go."

"I can get through." Brielle said.

"What?" John B asked confused. "No, no, no. You think you can fit through the hole?"

"Look, this is about your dad." Brielle said. "And honestly, I really don't believe in it, but you deserve to know the truth."

"What about the snakes Brie? Are you crazy?" JJ asked.

"Yes. I'm doing this." Brielle replied, then stepped closer and looked back. "Someone help me up."

"Here, I got ya." JJ said softly walking up.

"Remind me what we're looking for?" Brielle said putting her foot in JJs palm ready for him to boost her.

"You'll know when you see it." John B said.

"Brie, please be careful." Kiara said with a worried tone.

"Yeah, please." JJ agreed.

"Okay, yeah." Brielle assured. "Hold my flashlight."

"Okay, on three." JJ said. Then Brielle jumped up without waiting for him to count. "All right, let's just forget about that, then."

"I got it. Oop." Brielle said as she pulled herself up. "Okay, flashlight?"

"Yeah, here." Pope said and gave her the flashlight.

"Thanks." Brielle said and turned it on.

"You alive? You got like, a-a heartbeat and everything?" John B asked.

"It smells like old people in here." Brielle said as she looked at the walls.

"At least you're alive." Kiara said.

"Uh, I need more light in here." Brielle said.

"Yeah, hang on. Here." Pope said and handed her a lantern.

"Brie, we can't hear you, did you find something?" JJ asked.

"Oh, my god." Brielle said.