Part 5 - The Boneyard

"Tally-ho."

"Hey-up." JJ said as he and John B carried a keg into the boneyard. Brielle carried the music box, and Pope carried the solo cups and Kiara held her backpack and tapper.

"Gimme." Brielle said as Kiara passed her the tapper and she put it in the keg and tapped it. John B knelt in front of the handle and Brielle sprayed beer into his face, causing laughter among the group. More and more people were showing up and dancing to the music as they drank from their cups.

All right, you can't understand the Outer Banks without understanding the boneyard. It's kinda like a three layer burrito. There's us and our friends, the working-class derelicts. Then there are the Kooks, the rich second-homers. They're mostly from poncey-ass boarding schools, just rich trustafarian posers. Our natural enemies. And then, there are the Tourons, totally clueless. Here for a week on vacation with their families.

"Hey, you want a beer?" Brielle asked a guy handing him a cup.

"Sure." He said.

Then there's chum for the sharks.

"So what's your name?" Brielle asked the guy as she sat down and taking a sip from her beer.

"Henry. Henry Corsaro." He said holding out his hand.

"Well I'm Brielle. Brielle Williams." She said chuckling shaking his hand. "You just move here or are you on vacation?"

"I just moved here actually, with my parents and twin sister." Henry said.

"Well, welcome to the island, Henry." Brielle said as she held up her cup and tapped his.

"Thanks." He chuckled. "Hey, uh, who's the guy eyeing me down?"

"Who?" Brielle asked frowning, then Henry pointed behind her, and she turned around and saw JJ staring at them as a girl was talking to him, but he didn't seem to be acknowledging her. "Oh, that's JJ. My friend."

"Got it." Henry said. "Wanna refill our cups and see who can chug a beer faster?"

"I already like you." Brielle said and got up and took his hand, walking over to the kegger and refilling their cups.

"Hey Brie." Pope said, "Who's the dude?"

"This is Henry, he just moved here." Brielle said.

"Nice to meet you man." Henry said.

"You too, refill?" Pope said.

"Yes." Brielle said in a singsongy voice, then Pope refilled her cup then after her he filled Henry's cup up. "Thanks, Pope."

"Alright, ready?" Henry asked.

"Hell yeah." Brielle said.

"Three, two, one, go!" Henry said then they started chugging their cups down and in a matter of 9 seconds. Brielle finished and threw her cup down.

"Whoo! I win!" She cheered.

"Brie, don't throw your cups on the floor!" Kiara exclaimed, then picked up her cup. "There's a trash can right over there."