Part 31 - Camerons and Corsaros

Brielle woke up to movement next to her, coming from the blond teen sleeping to her right on the pull-out couch. She sat up and rubbed her eyes, then stretched and leaned over to see if he was still awake.

"You're staring." JJ mumbled into the pillow.

"I'm not staring, I'm simply checking." Brielle replied.

"Checking me out?" JJ asked, still face into the pillow.

"Shut up." Brielle chuckled and got up. She began to walk over to the kitchen to see if their was anything she could find that wasn't expired, until she heard a car door slam from outside and Kiaras voice. "Shit!" She whisper-yelled, then ran back over to JJ. "Get up!"

"No!" JJ replied.

"Kiara and Pope are here, dumbass, get up!" Brielle said, then JJ sprung up from the bed quickly looking around.

"Shit, you gotta hide. They don't know you stayed with me!" JJ said frantically.

"I got an idea, just stay there." Brielle replied, then ran to John B's room and opened the window, jumping out into the bushes.

"Hey, JJ." Pope said walking in.

"Hey, guys." JJ replied waving to the two teens as they walked in and sat down.

"How you been?" Kiara asked.

"Good. Good, uh...comfy pull out couch." JJ replied.

"Why didn't you just sleep in your room?" Pope asked, but before JJ could answer, Brielle barged in with leaves in her hair.

"Hey, Pogues!" She greeted.

"Hey, what's with the leaves?" Kiara asked as Brielle sat down next to her.

"Uh, this?" Brielle asked taking out a leaf. "New style. Just came in."

"I'm guessing the dirt goes with it as an accessory." Pope said motioning towards the dirt on her knees and shirt.

"Yes! They call it, uh, Mother Nature aesthetic." Brielle replied. She could feel JJ shaking his head behind her.

"You're so weird." Kiara chuckled shaking her head.

"Oh, come on. You love it." Brielle replied putting an arm around her.

"I'm starving." JJ mumbled and got up.

"Most of the foods probably gone bad, JJ!" Pope called after him as he walked into the kitchen, and a few seconds later, they heard the kitchen door open and JJ groan in frustration.

Time Skip

"How's it feeling?" Pope asked looking at Kiara, who was sitting on top of a large bucket that was hanging from the tree.

"Feels good." Kiara replied.

"Alright, bringing you down." Pope said then lowered the rope bringing the bucket down.

"John B pulling a Houdini." JJ said setting his beer down on the edge of the hot tub where he was sitting.

"Yeah, where is he?" Brielle asked trying to climb one of the trees.

"I got my scholarship interview tomorrow." Pope said. "We gotta get this done!"

"Speak of the devil. Hey!" Brielle said calling after John B climbing down the tree, but he ignored her and continued storming into the house.

"Dude, I set up the entire winch to pull up the gold and everything." JJ said, but John B ignored him too.

"No, he did not. I did that." Pope said. No response.