Part 19 - Retaliation

Kiara, JJ, and Pope watched as John B and Brielle danced underwater with the underwater camera on the ROV. "What's this?" JJ asked and reached to touch a button.

"Don't touch that!" Pope said smacking his hand. "I'm trying to work out this thing." Pope moved the drone forward and the two teens underwater swam up to the surface.

"God bless geeks, Pope. Truly man." JJ said.

"I hope we find something." Kiara said.

"What would we do without you to control the drones?" JJ continued.

"It's not a drone, it's an ROV." Pope replied annoyed as Brielle and John B broke through the surface.

"Shut up, shut up. It's too early for that right now." JJ said.

"Hey, look, once we get footage of the wreck, we'll bring it to a lawyer in town and file a formal claim." John B said.

"Bullshit, why do we have to do that?" JJ asked.

"There is maritime salvage law." Pope replied. "You can't just go to the ocean floor and scoop a bunch of stuff up."

"Lawyers aren't cheap though." Brielle said swimming around.

"Thank you!" JJ said.

"Well, as soon as they see the footage, they'll work
for a comp." John B replied.

"How do you even know all of that?" Kiara asked.

"Cause my dad said it, like, a million times." John B replied.

"Yeah, that's fair." Kiara said giving Brielle a towel as she climbed up.

"This tether is, like, really long." Pope said. "In the wrong weather, it could get pushed around."

"Then we'll go at dead calm." John B said, then they heard thunder rumble from a long distance.

"A slack tide?" Brielle asked.

"So now, we just gotta wait around for the right weather." Pope said. "And today is not that day." He said looking at the dark clouds and thunder rumbling.

Brielle sat down next to JJ with her towel around her, going to to her bag and grabbing her phone, unlocking it, to see 5 messages from Henry. "Better answer those messages before your boyfriend gets worried." JJ said rolling his eyes.

"Yeah, and, uh, same for your girlfriend." Brielle said picking up his phone and showing notifications from Courtney.

"Not my girlfriend." JJ replied.

"Not my boyfriend either." Brielle said. "And he's only texting because he wants me to hang out with his bitchy sister that you somehow like."

"She ain't that bad." JJ mumbled putting his head on her shoulder looking as she texted Henry back.

"No, she's worse."

Time Skip-Château

John B was outside sitting down looking at papers with Brielle as they heard footsteps behind them. "It's your turn." Sarah said walking up to them. "Hey Brie."

"Hey, S." Brielle replied, making John B look at her confused.

"Uh, for what?" John B asked looking back at the Kook.

"To ask me what I'm doing here." Sarah replied.

"What are you doing here?" John B asked.

"Well, I realized I didn't get a chance to respond the other day after you spat in my face and yelled at me, and then stormed off like a child." Sarah replied.