Part 28 - Pawn Shop

"He said it looked something like this." Kiara said holding up a piece of paper to Brielle and Sarah in the van. It was now the next day and they were getting ready to sell the gold.

"Okay." Brielle and Sarah replied looking at the paper.

"That's 50 feet down, and they're using 100-feet rope." Kiara continued trailing her finger down the blueprint of the Well. "So I guess this little wagon will go...straight to the gold room."

"Who the hell drew this?" Sarah laughed with Brielle and Kiara.

"It's so bad." Brielle laughed.

"Who do you think?" Kiara replied laughing, then they all looked outside the van at Pope and John B.

"So, Brie." Sarah said facing her. "Kiara and I have to ask you something."

"Oh, God. What now?" Brielle replied.

"It's not too bad, it's just..." Kiara said then clicked her tongue. "You and JJ haven't hit each other in a while, and that's pretty weird for you two."

"I don't know, we probably got tired of it." Brielle replied quickly.

"Mm-hm. Okay." Sarah nodded. "Then why did we catch him looking like you as if you were the best weed money can buy?"

"Uh..." Brielle replied. "Probably because I smelled weird."

"You always smell like vanilla and weed, and we all love it. That's why I take your clothes." Kiara replied.

"Guys! This better work." JJ said walking up to the van.

"Oh thank God." Brielle mumbled to herself and sighed in relief.

He dropped the three bars of gold onto the van floor. "We can't pawn this if there's a giant wheat symbol on it." He said, then Kiara grabbed a blowtorch next to her.

"It's gonna work." She replied holding it up.

"Who's gonna do that?" Sarah asked.

"Me." Kiara replied.

"Hopefully this works." Brielle said sitting down as Kiara started to melt the gold bars.

"It will, B." Pope replied, then they both got up and walked over to look.

"It's melting pretty good!" JJ exclaimed chuckling, then clapped and did a handshake with Pope, then turned and did it with Brielle.

Time Skip

The six teens were chatting in the car as John B slowed the van down and turned to them. "Let's get some money."

"Whoo!" They all said and opened the door.

"Hell of a job melting it down, Dr. Frankenstein." JJ said holding the melted down gold.

"Like you could've done any better." Kiara replied.

"I could've." JJ replied, "I would've done much better, I took a welding class."

"You-when?" Kiara said getting angry.

"Hey, sh!" John B exclaimed walking up to them. "Chill out, okay?"

"Yeah, easy for you to say. You're the one that has to pawn this piece of shit off." JJ replied holding it up. "How did I get this job anyway?"

"Because you're the best liar." Pope said bluntly walking inside with the others.

"Afternoon, ma'am." JJ said walking in, followed by the others. They trailed throughout the store as he walked up to the front desk.