Twenty-Third Door

Start from the beginning

"I'll stay," she grinned. "But you have to sign those papers."

Alcina rolled her eyes and took her pen, her other hand still in the woman's waist as she signed the document. Clementine placed the paper away as Alcina finished signing it and took another one for her to read and sign.

"This isn't as exhausting as I expected," Alcina said with a smile. "And you say you're a distraction when you're the reason i'm signing these."

She rolled her eyes in amusement. "It's only because I made you do it."

Alcina sighed and glanced at the woman's face, recalling the incident on the reservoir the day before.

"How come you're staring at me like that?" She cocked her head. "Do I have something on my face?"

She shaked her head. "I was hoping to inquire about your mother."

"What about her?"

"Are you familiar with her appearance?"

"I don't recall her face, but I recall her voice and the color of her eyes, which were icy blue and which I would love to stare at all day; I don't know why, but looking at my mother's eyes calms me."

Alcina nodded her head and was ready to say something when her phone rang. Miranda's name showed on the screen, so she picked it up to check Miranda's message. Alcina was frowning as she stared at the phone screen, which Clementine noticed.

"Are you all right?" She inquired, her voice tinged with apprehension.

Alcina nodded as he turned to face her. "This is nothing," she groaned as she let go of the woman's waist. "Except for the fact that we have an urgent family meeting today," she added.

She laughed. "Does that mean I can leave now?"

Alcina sighed and nodded once more. "Go hang out with the girls; I'll be back before nightfall."

She smiled and nodded. "Alright, Lady Alcina, stay safe and have fun."

Alcina shrugged and she waved farewell before leaving the room; however, when she exited the room, she raised an eyebrow when she noticed a bouquet of roses on the door; she stepped inside and presented it to Alcina.

"Someone put a bouquet of roses on the door," she explained as she set the bouquet on the table.

Alcina's brows drew together as she set the vase on the table.

"That's the third one today," says the narrator.

She cocked her head. "Third one?"

"I got one this morning and it was left in front of my room; I got the second one earlier and it was delivered, and this is the third one."

"Your secret admirer is making an effort with these roses. What happened to the two bouquets?"

Alcina shrugged her shoulders. "I told Ingrid to get rid of them."

"What? What were you thinking when you threw them? You could have given them to Bela and she would have turned them into works of art."

"That's a brilliant idea; why hadn't I considered it before?" She laughed. "Also," she grinned, "I'm not interested in whoever this hidden admirer is; I'm already enamored of someone."

"I'm curious as to who that could be." Her lips were pursed.

"I believe that someone already knows," Alcina said, grinning.

She shrugged and said, "Well, that someone is lucky."

"Bring that to Bela and get out of here before I entrap you in my arms once more."