Newt- Truth or dare

Start from the beginning

"Look, this is Newt" I explained putting the egg on the table " To get Newt and Y/n together we have to get one of them to admit their feelings. Y/n is a tough nut to crack, she won't admit her feelings to anyone and she's extremely good at hiding them. Newt however, just needs a little push-"

I pushed the egg off the table so it fell to the floor, cracking and splattering on the floor.

"And he'll crack"

"Sooooo- Why do we need to break Newt? Wouldn't he die?"

"No Thomas!" I groaned " That was a metaphor, We need to get Newt to admit his feelings for her"

"Ohhhh, so why don't we just ask him if he likes her?"

"He'd lie about it, plus, for this to work we need him to admit he's feelings when she's there"

"How do we do that then?"

"Truth or dare"

"And why are we doing this?"

"Because he's our best mate, and we're gonna help him"

I sat next to Thomas at the bonfire, holding my glass of moonshine. Newt and Y/n were sitting opposite us, giggling and talking. They had been drinking quite a lot so it would make our job easier.

"Who's up for a game of truth or dare?"I asked.

"I'm in!" Gally shouted running over.

A few others joined circling around.

"Thomas, you start" I nudged him.

"Who do I-"

"Not them"

"Ok- um Gally truth or dare?" He asked.

"Dare"

"I dare you to spill your drink on Alby"

We all watched as Gally stumbled over to Alby, pretending to be drunk and spilled his drink all over his shirt.

"That was a good one" I laughed " Ok um Newt, truth or dare?"

Depending on what he chose would effect how we would get him to admit his feelings. If he chose truth, we would have to get him to outright admit it to her face, if he chose dare, we would have to make him show it through an act.

"Uh, truth I guess" He sipped his drink.

"Who do you secretly have feelings for, but won't admit it"

He almost choked on his drink but stopped himself. Glancing at her from the corner of his eye before looking down at the ground.

"No one"

Y/n shifted. I noticed her mood change. Shit! That wasn't supposed to happen! We're supposed to be getting them together not driving them apart!

"Really, because remember Newt it's called truth for a reason?" I asked.

"Yeah" he shrugged.

This was harder than I thought, he was putting it off. Well, I would just have to wait until he was picked again.

"Hey Y/n" Gally said " truth or dare"

"Uh dare" She said.

"I dare you, to do seven minutes with one of the gladers"

She looked around at everyone, except Newt.

"Actually, I was thinking of heading to bed now, but I'll see you guys tomorrow"

She hurried off towards her hut.

A lot of people shrugged and started leaving too. But before Newt could leave, I nudged Thomas and we went over sitting either side of him, pushing his shoulders down so he sat back down.