9 5 | J U L I E T

Start from the beginning

Nia looked embarrassed for her.

There was a crunch and I looked down at the twig I had in my hands the whole time-now in two sad pieces. I flicked it away.

"Count me in," I spoke. "You'll obviously need another pair of hands to get those groceries. I doubt your pretty little arms are for any heavy weightlifting."

"I have Colin," she retorted.

My gaze flicked to him to see him looking back and forth between us. "Who's also not known for his strength. You two make a terrible couple," I said, grinning when her mouth fell open. "-for this task," I added innocently.

Nia shouldered her way forward. "I'm coming too," she said.

"I don't think you're any different from Boonsri. You might not be of much help."

"Let me prove you wrong."

We had an intense staring contest before our attentions were snatched when a hand rose in the air. We both turned to Nova at the same time.

"What? You want to tag along too?" I asked.

He eyed Boonsri and Nia with narrowed eyes before looking at me and giving me a nod.

"Fine, someone lead the way."

Boonsri and Colin walked in front of us while I was stuck with Nia and Nova on either side of me. Eli stayed back to clean up the house.

After a few minutes like that, I got annoyed and increased my pace, intending to shoulder my way in between them, shove them away from each other and walk in the front.

"Heeeeey, you guys!" Nia caught up to me, looping her arm around my neck. I was forced to stop at her sudden weight. Colin and Boonsri and stopped and looked at her. "Since Julia thinks you'll be useless for grocery shopping, why don't you guys have alone time and go exploring this beautiful island?"

"What?"

Before I could get anything out, Nia pinched my cheeks together with her fingers.

"We three will manage just fine!" She said, looking at me. "Right, Julia? Right! So go on! Have a nice date."

Boonsri threw Nia a knowing smile and grinned. "Thanks. Shall we go then, Colin?"

"If it's okay with you guys," Colin trailed off. "You sure you won't need help? I'll try to be of use–"

Nia waved him off. "Just go. We have these two weightlifters with us." She indicated toward me and slapped Nova's bulging bicep, startling him.

"Let's go." Boonsri clasped his hand and then they were off.

When they disappeared around a corner, Nia's hold loosened over me and I jabbed an elbow into her rib.

"Ow." She sprung away from me, clutching her side.

"What are you trying to do?"

"Stopping you from doing what you're trying to do. Why are you getting in between them?"

"Oh, please. As if you don't know your pathetic friend is using my friend to make Abeo jealous. Of course I'm going to interfere when Colin is starting to getting too attached to her."

"It might've started like that but she really likes him now."

"But she likes making her ex jealous more than anything."

To that Nia had no answer because she knew I was right. "Just leave them alone."

"I will not. Colin is my friend and just as you're looking out for Boonsri, I'm looking out for him."