Comfort

Nothing. There was nothing. No noise. No ear splitting explosion. Not even a single breath.
            Chaeyoung braced herself the wall of the room. The room was pitch black.
             Once she felt the explosion stop. She sank to the ground and cried in her arms. She blocked out everyone's voices. She blocked out the blank room. She could hear some people screaming inside. But all Chaeyoung was focused on was the screaming inside her head.
          She recalled Dahyun telling her to be strong. Tzuyu and Sana must be the ones screaming. She could feel it.
          Tzuyu took on the leader role since Jihyo is poisoned. But now it must be Chaeyoung.
         Chaeyoung looked up and around. Dahyun is still alive. After this game is over. We will all be ok. We must continue on.
          Chaeyoung felt around the wall until she felt the light switch.
          The lights flashed in everyone's faces.
          "Ahhhh." They all said covering there eyes.
          Chaeyoung saw everyone looking in despair. Jihyo was clinging on to Nayeon crying in fear. Jeongyeon and Momo were also crying. Sana was in the corner of the room crying her eyes out. Mina was trying to comfort her. And Tzuyu......Tzuyu was the one screaming. She was grabbing her head and rolling around on the floor.
        Chaeyoung rushed to Tzuyu, "Tzuyu! It's ok! This isn't you! She will be ok! You will be ok! Don't be afraid!"
         Tzuyu stopped screaming and looked at Chaeyoung weakly. The poison that Tzuyu was effected by earlier had gotten to her again.
         Tzuyu tried to speak but was too winded. She took a deep breath and lied back down on the ground.
          Tzuyu was tired. She had used up every bit of energy ever since she was here.
          Suddenly someone approached Chaeyoung.
           "Im sorry." Momo cried to Chaeyoung, "I'm so so sorry." She hugged her.
           "Im fine." Chaeyoung took a deep breath. She looked at Sana, "she's ok. Remember we're all alive after this."
          "You're right." Momo agreed, "we need to go on." And Chaeyoung nodded.
         "Everyone!" Chaeyoung sounded and everyone turned her direction. She tried to stay strong but she could feel the tears falling out of her eyes. She know seeing Dahyun die wasn't real. But the fact that it felt real was killing her, "I know. Dahyun is gone. But....she is fine. We are all going to be fine. This place is trying to kill us. And eventually it will succeed. But until then we must fight together." Chaeyoung wiped her tears, "so stop crying! We need to go back to the base."
       "What are you saying?" Jeongyeon interfered, "we're just gonna wait around until we all die!?"
      Chaeyoung sighed, "I don't know." She admitted.
      "Come on. We seriously need to see what's left behind." Momo agreed starting to walk out with Momo. Eventually everyone followed.
      To their shock as they reached the base it was completely.....untouched.
      "What?" Jeongyeon was the only one with the courage to speak, "but...but the explosion."
      "And Dahyun isn't here." Momo sighed, "at least we can still stay here."
      "You want to stay here?!" Nayeon eyes widened, "this place almost killed us all! We should stay under the stair case."
      "Ok." Chaeyoung agreed she turned around, it was only Jeongyeon, Momo, Nayeon and Mina, "where is everyone else?"
     Mina looked sad, "Sana is crying her eyes out. She's sad about Dahyun."
     Chaeyoung sighed, "I will talk to her. But later. We need to move some couches to under the stairs. We also need to get sleep."
     "How can you even get sleep after what just happened?" Momo admitted.
    "We have to try." Chaeyoung walked over and picked up one side of a couch. Quickly Nayeon went to help her and the other three girls grabbed a second couch.
    Soon, the room under the stairs was complete with four couches. They could've brought one more couch but they were too tired to do so.
     Nayeon made Jihyo stay in the room to prevent her from any danger. Tzuyu eventually helped the other girls but was very quiet while doing so. She was probably shaken from being poisoned. She wasn't entirely poisoned but the effects it once had came back when it was triggered. And Sana. Well, she had stopped crying but she was sitting in the corner of the room looking very very depressed.
     "They look terrible." Mina admitted stroking concerned Chaeyoung's hair.
     "I need to go talk to her." Chaeyoung expressed, "but I haven't gathered the courage yet."
    "Which one?" Mina asked, "Tzuyu or Sana."
    "Either." Chaeyoung responded. They were sitting on one couch. Jeongyeon and Momo were on another. And Nayeon and Jihyo, who was now eight years old. Time was going quickly. A year had already gone by in Jihyo's time. And of course Nayeon was still avoiding Jeongyeon but they weren't yelling at one another anymore. But they still barely made eye contact. Also, young Jihyo seemed to be attached to Nayeon. I mean, she was there to explain everything. But still, she usually didn't let go of Nayeon.
     "I'm going now." Chaeyoung told Mina and stood up to confront Sana.
     Sana was staring at the ground very sad and scared and ashamed.
     "Sana. Unnie." Chaeyoung gained her attention.
     Sana looked up into Chaeyoung's eyes. They were boiling red. Sana tried to smile but instead tears came flowing out again.
     "I'm so sorry..." she mumbled. Chaeyoung sat next to her and hugged her tight, "it's my fault. It's my fault she's gone! I'm a terrible person. I didn't mean it! I didn't mean what I said! I said........I said I would make it up to her....even if it means putting my life in danger."
     Chaeyoung rubbed her shoulders, "you know. I would've said the same thing. If I heard her saying things to Tzuyu like that....I would've gotten so terribly mad."  
      Sana choked on her tears, "but...you didn't."
      "Tzuyu forgave her." Chaeyoung smiled, "and she did so willingly without even thinking. So don't you think Dahyun would do the same for you?"
     "I don't know." Sana replied sadly, "I wouldn't forgive myself."
     Chaeyoung chuckled, "we'll soon, we will find out if she does. I bet on it that she will."
     Sana was still sobbing but managed a smile.
     Chaeyoung smiled back and felt Sana hug her very tight.
      "Thank you." She whispered.
     "I would do anything for any of you." She whispered back, "even if it means hiding your secret."
     "What?" Sana questioned in a louder tone.
     "Oh." Chaeyoung realized, "never mind."
     Chaeyoung shook her head, "we need sleep. All of us."
      Sana shook her head in agreement.
      Chaeyoung stood up, "everyone!" Everyone looked at her, even Tzuyu who was with Mina talking, "we need to get sleep. It's night time now. And I know....it's been a hard day. But it's the only way we can face tomorrow. Together."
      Everyone smiled contently. They were all ready for sleep.
      "Ok." Chaeyoung continued, "four couches. Two on each. Sort yourselves."
      Everyone quickly started arranging sleeping positions.
      "Hey Chaeyoung." Sana sniffled, "would you sleep with me tonight?"
       Chaeyoung smiled sweetly, "of course." She helped Sana stand and walked to the couch.
       In the end, Jihyo was obviously sleeping with Nayeon. In fact, she was already asleep hugging Nayeon's torso. And of course, Nayeon was passed out as well. Tzuyu was going to sleep with Mina. Mina went to talk to Tzuyu for Chaeyoung. Tzuyu looked less sad and more content. So their talk went well seems. Jeongyeon was sleeping with Momo. And of course Chaeyoung with Sana.
      "There so cute." Sana shared, "just look at them."
      Chaeyoung smiled looking at sweet Nayeon and Jihyo hugging each other. It was truly sad knowing the terrible fate of the young Jihyo. Nayeon was probably the saddest about that.
      "Goodnight Sana." Chaeyoung wished as she she lied down next to Sana's feet. There beads were on opposite sides. But quickly Sana moved so that their heads were on the same side.
       "Goodnight." She smiled and closed her eyes. She seemed content.
       Chaeyoung couldn't help but smile seeing her sleeping beauty face. She couldn't even imagine seeing that poor girl's death.

(Sorry. It's been a little while but I've updated both my stories and will be hopefully regular again. Pls comment and vote for my story! Next chapter will be intense so be ready!:)