I immediately know what he's talking about, but do I act like I recall everything?

"Which one is that?" I inquire.

Enzo goes to my closet and parts the hangers until he finds what I know he was talking about. "This one," he says, mouth full of toothpaste.

"Oh, yeah. Good pick," I compliment.

Winking, he responds, "Yeah you were," before vanishing into the bathroom.

"Smooth," I whisper to myself as I shut the door to get dressed.

Once we're both ready, I grab my keys and pass my father who stares into some void.

"Dad, I'm leaving. I'll be back soon."

He responds with a zombie-like grunt.

Enzo drives us to his parents' house. Switching glances between the road and me, he talks about my father. "Do you think we should get him some help?"

"I can't do that to him," I reject. "He has nothing."

"He has you and Makai," Enzo renders. "He's still a father."

"Maybe when this all ends, I'll look into it. But for now, there's a killer out there. What do you think they want?"

Pondering, Enzo drums his fingers on his steering wheel. "I don't know, but I'm involved somewhere, right? I mean, my uncle killed himself after he lost my dad's twins.

How could I not be involved?"

That makes sense. My suspicions of him being involved were there because, somehow, he is. Logically, it adds up. I don't realize I'm smiling at the surfacing fact until Enzo asks why I'm doing so. "I'm just thinking."

Grinning ear-to-ear, he nods. "Me too."

We arrive at his house in 20 minutes. Walking up the steps, he tells me not to worry about anything and tells me I look great. He even manages a delicate kiss on the cheek before ringing the doorbell.

"Who is it now?" a man calls from inside.

"Oh, I don't know," a woman bites. "Let me just use my X-Ray vision real quick."

"Yeah," I tease Enzo. "She's definitely your mom."

"Shut up," he jokes back.

"Oh," the man grumbles, voice muffled as if right by the door. "It's our dearest son." 

 Enzo's shoulders sag and I squeeze his hand for support. It doesn't seem to help much, but who can blame him when his own father virtually despises him? Casting a glance sideways, I see old blood on the wall. Enzo sees me looking and says that's where Aero was shot. 

"Who is he talking to?" the woman asks.

"Let me use my X-Ray vision real quick," the man mimics.

"Open the damn door, Ezio," Alessa snaps.

There are clicks of bolt locks and the jingle of a chain lock. Swiftly, the doors open, the AC blasting me with its frigid air. "Enzo," his mother coolly acknowledges.

"Alessa," he returns with just as much stone.

"You must be Reyna," Alessa adds, eyes sliding from her tall son to me. Thoroughly, she sizes me up. Not in the way Enzo would admire me, but in the way a predator would watch its prey. "Interesting."

Evenly, I look her in the eyes. "Indeed."

"Hmph," Alessa sounds before turning on her heels and stomping inside.