Harry Potter - Knives

Summary : You get hit with the crucio curse while on a mission with Harry.
__________________________

Prompts : “I wish I could take away your pain.”

TW : extreme pain, violence.

Word count : 562
__________________________

You weren’t prepared. Nobody was prepared. Prepared for Bellatrix to appear out of nowhere, prepared for her to aim her wand at Harry, prepared for you to jump in front of him, blocking the spell with your body.

And nobody was prepared for the scream. One of pain and fear, strangled and broken, cracking and echoing into the inky night sky. Nobody was prepared for the way your body crumpled to the ground, like a leaf someone had stepped on.

You weren’t prepared either. Prepared for the stabbing pain, as if a thousand knives had ripped through your skin, prepared for the sound to muffle, the world to darken, the voices to shatter.

You weren't prepared for the other scream, overlapping yours. It was Harry’s yell, one of fear and heartbreak, worry and pain for you.

You felt a body drop next to yours, but over your pained whimpers, you couldn't force your eyes open, even if it was just for a split second.

You felt a hand press against your arm, holding you to the ground, so your writhing body would calm down. You knew it was Harry, you could almost see the look on his face, his eyebrows knotted together, his mouth pressed into a thin line, his eyes filling with tears, small droplets falling down his face.

His hands moved upwards to cup your face, but you shook and trembled in his grip. You thrashed your head from side to side and let out another pained scream, your voice breaking.

‘Love, love, look at me-’ Harry’s voice was also breaking, for he was unable to picture you in so much pain. He should have protected you, he told himself, he should have stopped you from blocking that spell, he should have taken the curse instead. He could handle it.

Your screams were reduced to whimpers, and your body had stopped shaking. You sniffed and took a deep breath. It trembled and waved, and Harry’s heart dropped.

‘I’m so sorry, darling,’ he said, his voice cracking, ‘I wish I could take away your pain.’

You forced a weak smile. ‘Better me than you,’ you whispered. His heart broke once more. You were so selfless. Too selfless. He didn’t deserve you.

‘Come here, you obviously can’t walk.’

He pulled you into his lap and brushed away your hair from your eyes, planting a gentle kiss on your forehead. You smiled into his chest, but your body was still weak and your chest ached.

‘Harry,’ you mumbled, disorientated.
‘Yes, my darling.’

‘Are you okay?’ Your voice was quiet, as you lifted your head to look at him. You brought your thumb to his cheek and wiped his tears, leaving your palm rested on his face.
‘You’re not hurt or anything?’

Harry chuckled.
‘You get hit by the crucio curse and ask if I’m okay. Merlin, I’m in love with you.’
__________________________

A/N

So, I'm back!

I definitely needed a break, and I'm a lot less stressed and ready to publish more chapters.

They might not be super regular, as I still have a lot of work to do, but I'll try my best.

Hope you're all okay!

S ❤️