Tom Riddle - Stone Cold

Summary : your boyfriend finds it hard to show his true emotions.
_____________________________

Prompts : “You know it’s okay to show emotion, right?” , “I’m scared.” “I know.”

TW : none.

Word count : 607
______________________________

Your hands were shaking as you looked down at the pregnancy test in your hands.

Positive.

You were pregnant.

After about a year of trying, you were finally, finally pregnant.

You slowly opened the bathroom door and walked to the bedroom.

As the door opened, you saw Tom, who was leaning against the bed frame, his arms bent behind his back.
He wasn’t wearing a shirt, but he had grey sweats on.
He smiled at you as you walked in, but it soon dropped as he saw your face.

“Everything okay, darling?” he asked, sitting on the edge of the bed, patting the space beside him for you to sit.

“Tom… I’m pregnant.” you look up at him with a small smile on your face, waiting for him to respond.

When he didn’t and instead began pacing, you started to worry. You sat on the edge of the bed, wringing your hands nervously.

“Tom?” you ask, trying to get his attention.
He looked over at you, and it was clear he was trying to hold back tears.

“You know it’s okay to show emotion… right?” you asked, gently reaching a hand to place on his shoulder.

He looked down at you, a small smile on his face.
“You’re right, my love, I’m sorry.”
He reached a hand to caress your cheek, looking deeply into your eyes.

“Darling, you have no idea how happy I am right now,” he whispered, leaning down to kiss you, his lips lingering against your skin.

You giggled into his lips and reached up your arms to wrap around his neck.

You had finally gotten him to open up.

* * *

Nine months later :

“Tom, it hurts,” you cried out, grabbing his hand as another contraction hit your lower stomach.

“I know, my love, but you have to stay strong, you’re nearly there.”

He brushed his thumb over your knuckles, gently kissing your forehead.

“Just a couple more pushes, y/n,” your nurse urged in a calming tone, and you nodded, gripping Toms fingers tighter as you pushed again, closing your eyes and letting out a soft cry of pain.

Then, you heard another cry.
One that belonged to a baby.
You looked over and saw the nurse wrapping the baby in a cloth, then handing it to you, as you pulled it to your chest.

“It’s a boy,” your nurse remarked, then left the room, leaving you and Tom along for a minute.

“You did it, darling,” Tom whispered, and when you looked over at him, tears were welling in his eyes.

You smiled and reached up to kiss him weakly.
“Isn’t he gorgeous?” you asked, handing your son to Tom, who nodded and rocked him back and forth gently.

After a few moments of peaceful silence, Tom spoke up.

“I’m scared,” he said. His voice wavered, and his eyes stung. He looked over at you and continued to speak, “I’m scared I’m not going to be a good father.”

“I know,” you whispered, placing your hand over his and intertwining your fingers with his own.
“But you’re going to be fine. We’re both going to be fine, okay?”

He nodded and reached vore to tilt up your chun, placing a lingering kiss on your lips.

“I love you,” he muttered with a smile.

“I promise I’m going to be the best I can be. For you, and for our son.”

“I know you will, my love,” you whispered, “I love too. So much.”