Tom Riddle - Who Did This Pt.2

Summary : part two to the first one _________________________________

TW : violence

Word count : 980
_________________________________

The needles from the rose bush let out a soft scratching sound as it dragged across the glass window pane, waking you from what was surprisingly enough, a restful sleep.

It didn't take long however, for the events of the previous evening to settle in. You let out a quiet gasp of pain as a sharp stab erupted from your leg. The stitches Tom had given you were pulling painfully on your skin.

Your body ached and your head heart, but you rolled out of bed a d padded with caution to the bathroom.

As the door swung open, you saw Tom standing behind it. He gave you a surprised lool, before reaching out an arm and pulling you into his chest.

'How are you feeling, my love?'
His voice was soft and calm, although you could sense the anger behind his words.
'I'm okay... Achy.'

Tom rested his chin on your head and closed his eyes.
'Love, I... I have something to do... I-I'll be back in a bit, alright?'

You pulled away from him and cupped his jaw in one hand.
'You're going to find them... The people wjo hurt me?'

Tom hesitated.
'People? There's... More than one?'
Your eyes widened. Although you could barely recall what had happened, what caused you to stumble into Tom's dorm in the state that you were in, you knew there were at least two people.

You nodded.
'I can't remember anything, Tom... I've been trying, but-'
You cut yourself off and dropped your gaze. Tom didn't hesitate to wrap his arms around your shoulders and pull you closer into him.

'It's alright, darling, I understand. I'll find them, and I promise you, they will understand the consequences of their actions.'

His voice was brittle as if he were crunching on ice, and you looked up.
'Don't... Don't... Kill anyone, please.'
Tom almost chuckled. You knew how he got, especially over you. He kissed your forhead and smiled.
'I promise I won't kill anyone, darling.'

***
As soon as he shut his dorm door, the smile faded from his face.

Those boys would pay.

They would know just how bad their mistake was.

Tom walked purposefully through the corridors of Hogwarts. His eyes scanned the students. Looking for signs of suspicion.

Bruises on their knuckles. Lack of eye contact. Darting gazes. Maybe a smirk.

Tom approached a table, where four boys sat. They looked up at him. One if them smiled. One looked away. One hid his hands underneath the table. And the last one of them stood up.

A smirk played across his face. He chuckled, shaking his head.
'How's your girlfriend, Riddle?'
Tom stiffened.
'None of your business,' he said.
The boy raised an eyebrow.
'Really? I recall her... Not being in the best state. I remember her crying... I remember the pained whimpering that was just so... Helpless. I remember her begging for me to stop. Crying and begging and calling out for help, for any slither of hope, that someone might find her. She must have thought she was going to die... Huh.'
He shrugged. 'But if she's fine, then... Mind if I chat with her? I recall asking her to tell you to something.'

Tom's fists were clenched, anger rising inside of him, like a cobra rearing up, ready to attack.

'And what was it you so desperately needed me to know?'

The boy smirked.
'Oh...nothing important. Just reminding her who she belongs to.'

That was when Tom realised. This boy was your ex. You and he had a bad breakup.

Tom didn't know just how bad it really was.
He gritted his teeth.
'How ... Dare you.'

The boy shrugged.
'I had every right. She belongs to me.'
'She does not belong to anyone! You're a physcopath!'

Tom's shouting had alerted a crowd, and a big one at that. Around him, over twenty people gathered, whispers flitting between them.

'Who's "she?".' someone asked.
'What's this about?' another questioned.

Tom stepped closer, jabbing a finger to the boy's chest.
'First you abuse my girlfriend when you were together.' His voice seemed to get progressively more louder, more angrier.
'Then, when she's finally over the trauma, you find her and beat her up?!'

The crowd gasped, and someone emerged from the gathering.

'You did what?' Tbe voice was old and gravely, yet spoke calmly, despite the rage laced through his voice.

Tom turned. 'Professor Dumbledore! This... Discrace... Crippled my girlfriend! She came into my dorm last night and collapsed! She could have died, she lost so much blood!'

Dumbledore frowned.
'You four,' he pointed the boy's huddled around Tom.
'Come with me. You are to be expelled from Hogwarts. We do mot stand, nor tolerate the behaviour. Mister Roddle, I suggest taking miss Y/l/n to the hospital wing.'

With that, he turned on his heels and walked out, the four boys following him, heads hanging low.

***

The trip to the hospital wing was uneventful. You were checked over, your stitches were re-stitched, leaving you wincing and achy. You were checked for a concussion, but thankfully did not have one, and your bruises and cuts were tended to.

Then, Tom brought you back to his dorm, insisting on carrying you the entire way.

'You feeling alright, love? Want me to get you anything?'
You shook your head. 'I just want you,' you mumbled. Tom smiled and climbed into the bed beside you, wrapping his arma around your waist.

'I'm here, darling. I'll always be here.'
_________________________________

A/N

Hi everyone!

I hope you're all doing well, thank you for putting uo with my slow updates! And excuse the typos, I wrote this one my phone, on three hours sleep.

Hope you all had a wonderful new year!

See you soon,

S

Xxx