***

Ruby walks in later that night to see her boys minus Donnie asleep in the living room.

Ruby chuckles and takes a quick picture  before calling out for Splinter to help her move them into their rooms.

Splinter stretches from his long time meditating, he's been doing it a lot more often since he trained April.

Splinter and Ruby silently put Leo, Mikey and Raph to bed before walking out and taking notice of Donnie's lab room being open.

Ruby and Splinter look between each other and walk to the door and staring through the crack and see Donnie on April's laptop deciphering the message sent to April.

"Let's let him work. You make him hot cocoa and I'll make him a snack." Ruby told Splinter who nods in agreement.

The two get to work on Donnie's stay up late working snack and drink.

Splinter digs through the cabinets and take notice the hot chocolate box was empty. "Rubes."

Ruby hums as she finishes cutting up fruits and putting  it on the creme covered bread.

"We ran out of hot chocolate again." Splinter informs her hugging her from behind a snatching a strawberry from the bowl.

"Milk tea will have to do then." Ruby told him earning a hum from him as he goes into the fridge for a bottle of Milk tea.

"Hey Ruby..." Splinter trails off the milk tea bottle bringing back old memories.

Ruby gives him another hum in response.

"Remember when we were younger and we'd always compete over the last Milk Tea bottle at that convivence store at our middle school?" He asks smiling in amusement.

"I wouldn't necessarily call it competing if even when you won the race you would sometimes still give it to me." Ruby told him amused playfully pinching his cheek.

"Hey, you can not talk what about the time when your mother made her famous sea salt shaved ice. You would sometimes share it with me." Splinter says nudging her as she carried the tray for Donnie's night snack to the lab.

"Oh yeah, that did happen didn't it?" Ruby teases as she and Splinter walk in catching Donnie's attention.

"Don't stay up too late." They both told Donnie, Ruby kisses the top of Donnie's head before she and Splinter head out playfully bickering as they go.

"They seem a lot closer lately..." Donnie hums softly before taking a bite of his fruit sandwich.

(You ever just forget how to spell the simplest of words?)

"Not going to complain though." Donnie chuckles before finishing deciphering the message sent to April.

**Donnie convinces Nova to come with him to save April's dad**

**

Ruby wakes up the next morning, eyes wide with alarm, something told her her children did something foolish.

Ruby sits up from her bed and pokes Splinter awake. "Something's not right." Ruby told Splinter who had his arm around her from his bed.

"What do you mean?" Splinter yawns with a stretch as he sat up.

"I don't know yet. But I have a feeling One or two of our children are going to do something stupid." She explains to him standing to her feet and heading out the door in time for Leo, Mikey and Raph to wake up.

"Anyone seen Donnie and Nova?" Ruby hears Leo ask, when she walks in she sees Mikey and Raph wake up.

"Well now we know which 2 it is." Splinter whispers from behind Ruby's ear causing her to jump slightly and look at him, his husky morning voice sent loving chills down her spine.