05. When Your Character is a Difficult Person

Start from the beginning

Y/n clicked her tongue as she approached the head quarters. She went straight to the training grounds where the soldiers are lined up as she made her way towards the podium.

"Attention!" Unit 2 squad leader soon called out and the soldiers straighten. "From today onwards, we have new recruits!" He announced.

The trio lined in front and one by one introduced themselves.

"From today on, they will be under the supervision of vice commander Y/n Callenreese." Erwin had announced.

Y/n sighed. Well at least no one's going to complain for having inexperienced newbies on their sides.

"But wouldn't that burden the vice commander?" A fellow squad leader asked.

Welp, someone's actually complaining.

"It will not." Y/n said seriously.

"But they are newbies? Why sent her directly to Y/n who didn't like having a squad?" The other asked.

Why are they objecting? I thought they don't want to take in newbies in their squads? I'm not even complaining here!

Ah... Y/n suddenly realized. They were her suitors ever since she was fifteen amd they built up the shamelessness to act as if these two other men will do the same that's why they wanted them away from her. Damn these old  geezers.

Y/n sighed. "That's all for today. Everyone, back to training." She clapped.

Some were trying to say their own opposition but Y/n walked off not caring to listen to whatever they have in mind.

She didn't even notice the trio following her while she spaced out and thought about her family affair in this world. It was a shitty day as she saw the most annoying man on earth.

"That shit... I'll kill him myself--" before she could even finish, she hit herself in a pole making her snap out of her thoughts.

The pain made her aware of the three people who were surprise when the loud sound of her head and metal clashing together. Groaning, she held her forehead and turned to them with a frown.

"Why are you here?"

But inside... she was completely embarrassed by the way she hit herself on the head.

Waaahhhh! They saw me! They witnessed my embarrassing clumsiness!!! Vice commander who? More like clumsy!

"Erwin told us you're going to brief us about the job." Isabel explained. Grinning at her.

That's also my job?

She sighed, nodding helplessly as it was an order. "First, I'll escort you to your rooms. Tomorrow morning, I'll show you around the ropes... I guess." She gestured her hand for them to follow and they did.

Y/n took Isabel first to the female quarters. Since there isn't much female soldiers in the scouts, they gathered in a dormitory like room. She told the boys to wait out since she'll settle the female member of the trio in her bed.

Although Isabel was complaining when Y/n told her that she won't be sharing room with her bros. But soon she calmed down and accepted it since the vice captain was there and told her that there's only three of them in that room.

When she got out, the brunette was following behind with a smile on her face. The two boys turned to them blankly until Y/n told them to follow her again since they'll be lead to their own room.

The long hallway ended with a door and that was what Y/n opened, revealing an empty room there was a bunk bed on the side which Levi quickly checked the cleaning quality by sliding his hand under the bed.

The girl watched him do it and sighed. "Just clean it if you're not satisfied. The room's been unused for a month and the cleaners tend to it once a week." She explained, earning a glare from the short stack.

"You call this clean?" He asked in irritation.

I'm sorry Heichou. They're not doing their job properly.

"My dear, it's been cleaned for a week now. So dust will inevitably appear." She hummed.

Levi frowned from the familiarity of her voice, Y/n... how come he forgot that name? Since she was covered in hood, he didn't get to look at her entire face. And he was so mad, he forgot Erwin had already named her.

"You're the brat that I fought underground weren't you?"

Then realization struck the other two, eyes widening from shock. "Whoa. You're that quick person that fought big bro first?! You're so amazing!" Isabel praised in amazement.

"Yeah. Your moves are even more accurate than Levi." Farlan added.

Y/n glanced at them before looking out the window. Her heart was melting! She wants to pinch these two sweethearts!

"You can surpass me." She pointed to Levi all the sudden making the three looked at her confused.

Levi clicked his tongue. "Of course I can, brat."

Yeah. Obviously because Ackermans are stronger. I'm just an extra here so my limit ends here.

"And by the way..." she spoke again. "Just a piece of advise, you shouldn't listen to that noble bastard who ask you to steal a document from commander--"

Just before Y/n could finish her words, a blade made its way to her neck and her back hitting the door shut as Levi pinned her.

The girl made no attempt as she was expecting this reaction from him. Who wouldn't feel threatened because of this after all?

"How did you know this?" Levi asked seriously.

"Well it's better not knowing how, dear. I also hate hearing about that asshat." She said, looking to the side to avoid eye contact. It was embarrassing her... the fact that her face is close to levi! "Just don't risk it. You're going to lose more than what you can get."

"But if we succeed... we can permanently stay on the surface." Isabel objected. This has been their dream their whole life. They steal not just to survive, but also to earn enough to buy their residency up the surface.

"Are you not already in the surface?" She asked, head tilted seriously. "The commander has given you rights just for that."

The three were a bit doubtful as they looked at her. Yes, they are indeed in the surface now. But what if they no longer are useful? What then?

While they were deep in thought, Y/n managed to slip away from Levi's lock. Although that's cute and all that she was being cornered in the wall, but the blade he pointed to her neck is not.

"Well, do think about what I said ,dears." She said catching their attention once more as she opened the door behind her. "I didn't tell anyone about it so don't fret. Just enjoy your soldier life, I will no longer interfere." She left the room after that making the trio stay there stunned.

"Big bro..." Isabel worriedly spoke.

"For now let's observe. That damned bitch will die if she gets in our way." Levi said as he hid his knife back on his belt.

Suddenly, the door opened again, making the three stunned. But who they expected to appear wasn't actually Y/n, but another soldier with a serious and jerk-like look.

"Vice commander said that dinner will be on seven. If you have complaints, then don't eat." He said with a look of disapproval. His eyes then turned to both Levi and Farlan. "Don't even try seducing the vice or you'll regret it." shutting the door back close.

The trio stared at that close door baffled.

"Is it just me, or she has an obsessive hopeless romantic fanclub?" Isabel asked.

Nobody responded to her. But it was clear that she did have admirers the moment they were introduced.