A New Threat

"Sir! We have located the subject. The team is in position to recover, shall we proceed?" Agent Stein spoke into the radio as he stood at the edge of excavation site, watching as the rest of the team got into position.

They had arrived at the destroyed Hydra base three days ago. Only choosing to start work once they were sure the avengers were not going to return again. They never had though, not once in the couple of months that had passed since what had happened here. It was surprising that they had accepted so quickly that Y/N was dead. That had worked in Stein's favour though making it that much easier for him to carry out the orders given.

"Secure the asset, administer the serum on site and bring them back to the facility. Then make sure there is no trace of us ever being here. We don't want the avengers to have any clue what had happened here" A voice came back over the radio, giving Stein the order.

Signalling his team, Stein watched as the last of the rubble was removed and there, still contained within the chamber of the machine Hyrda had created was Y/N. The screens in front of him showed the faintest signs of life being tracked by the monitors placed by his team. Somehow Y/N had survived the explosion she had caused and now she would become their greatest weapon.

Hydra has failed but the Red Web would not, they had been waiting in the shadows, watching and planning, ensuring that they had once infiltrated top governments around the world. Natasha Romanoff may have believed that her and her sister had rid the world of the Red Room but instead a new beast had filled that void and it was ready to reveal its hand.

"Administer the serums now, keep her within the chamber for transport" Stein's ordered as he continued to monitor the screens "It's time for you to reach your true potential Y/N. They'll never see you coming. A new threat."

The scientists who had accompanied his team had climbed down into the cleared area and had begun booking up the vials to the series of needles that had helpfully already been placed into Y/N by Hydra. Once each vial has been secured the lead scientist turned to look at Stein who simply nodded his approval for them to continue. With that the lead scientist looked back round and was the first to manually inject the vial of serum, then the four other scientists followed. Hydra had been so many years behind with their super soldier serums, they were so flawed and unbalanced. This though, what the Red Web had created was more advanced and sophisticated, it was perfect. It rivalled the serum that had been given to Steve Rogers and now combining it with the powers Y/N already possessed, they would be creating an unstoppable super soldier.

As the last vial was emptied they all stepped back, waiting to see what would happen. From what they had seen, it was believed that Y/N's body had fallen into a dormant state to protect itself. Now though with the serum entering her blood stream it would work as a kick start to get her body functioning again. From there it would be the simple task of resetting her mind, brain washing, an easy but effective tool that they had utilised with extreme success already.

Stein watched as the monitors began to change, picking up on the changes as Y/N's body absorbed the serum. Things were going to plan, soon he would be welcomed as a senior member within the organisation, they would recognise his work here and the reward would be sweet. Full control of Y/N as the new asset and a team bigger than his current one, it would all be his and Stein intended to use the new power to further the agenda. Now though his focus was just on ensuring that they got Y/N back to the facility, the mind erasing would need to be started as soon as possible.

Y/N's eyes flew open and she gasped at the burning sensation that raged through her veins. What the hell was going on? She'd been in a semi conscious state before, she had felt detached from her body, now though she could feel it all and was wishing that wasn't the case as her muscles tensed and her nervous system went into overload. Y/N pulled against the restraints, her left wrist breaking the metal cuff like it was nothing which shocked Y/N. She reached across and wrenched the cuff off her other wrist, whatever was happening to her at least it meant she was able to get herself out of here.

"Ah not so fast Y/N, we have no intentions of letting you out of your little prison just yet. You'll have to go back to sleep for a bit longer I'm afraid, though you d had three months practice so it shouldn't be so bad for you" Stein had left his command post and entered the excavation area, want to take a closer look.

Y/N snapped her head round, her violet eyes settling on the blonde haired male who had spoken. Three months, what was he on about? That couldn't be right, she had just blown this place up, moments ago. 'Wanda! Wanda where are you! Help!' Y/N yelled it in her mind, surely Wanda and the others wouldn't have just left her here. They wouldn't do that to her, would they?

"Push the other serum please doctor, let's put our VIP back to sleep" Stein ordered as he watched Y/N, enjoying the panic in her eyes "I'll be seeing you soon Y/N."

'Wanda please, please find me...' That was Y/N's last thought before sliding back into unconsciousness.
**

Wanda sat on the steps of the cabin, holding a cup of coffee as she watched the sun begin to rise above the tree line. She enjoyed the peace and quiet here, Stephen had certainly picked the spot well and Wanda was grateful to be able to stay there. What had happened in West View had exhausted Wanda, not her powers as those were now on a whole new level with her accepting being Scarlet Witch, but emotionally she was drained. The hex had never meant to become what it did, all she had wanted was Y/N back, but to do that it had meant creating a whole new reality for them to be in.

As hard as she'd tried though that reality it had crumbled with Agatha revealing herself and then with Stephen Strange showing up there. Then Wanda had been faced with losing Y/N and the dream life she had fabricated for them. It was crushing and emotionally Wanda was not ready to talk to anyone about it. So far it appeared Stephen had stayed true to his word and not told the team where she was, if he had they would have all turned up by now. Especially Nat who Wanda imagined was extremely pissed with her.

Finishing her coffee as the sun cleared the tree line, Wanda pushed herself up from the step and turned to head back inside. As she did though, Wanda suddenly froze on the spot, it wasn't just her that stopped, the projection of the Scarlet Witch who was inside the cabin also stopped and looked up from studying the darkhold.

'Wanda! Wanda where are you?! Help!'

Y/N's voice was as clear as if she had been stood on the porch of the cabin shouting at Wanda, but she wasn't there. No this was coming from Y/N's mind a desperate cry for help in the hopes that it would reach Wanda. It had and Wanda was in shock, this surely wasn't possible, Y/N was dead, she couldn't really be calling out for her. Maybe this was a trick, someone like Agatha trying to lure Wanda out so they could get hold of the Scarlet Witch and the darkhold.

'Wanda please, please find me...'

It was Y/N again and this time Wanda felt the connection straight away. Her magic was ready and she was able to sense Y/N and realise that this really was her and not somebody trying to fool her. Wanda's heart raced as she processed this, it was real, this wasn't like the hex, this was not her own magic and imagination conjuring this up.

Y/N was alive.

"I'm here Y/N, you're not alone. I promise I will I everything I can to find you" Wanda projected it as a thought though she said it out loud as well.

Standing on the cabin porch Wanda shifted form, her magic swirling around her and where she had been her normal self wearing grey sweats and Y/N's hoodie, she was replaced by the Scarlet Witch. Whatever was going to happen next, Wanda was not willing to risk being anything but her most powerful self.

Nobody would stand in her way. Nobody.

**

The End.