Lost Without You

Wanda watched from the window as Nat left, she hadn't been able to open the door, it was the same each time Nat came. If she opened the door then it would be real, what happened would be true and Wanda couldn't face that, she didn't want to. Turning away, Wanda looked down at the envelope in her hands. Nat had written a note on the front, it was a road name and beneath that it said to open the envelope there.

Turning the envelope over, Wanda's heart stopped, her name was written there, but it was Y/N's handwriting not Nat's. She traced it with the tip of her finger, for just a brief moment Wanda felt the love it had been written with. It for just a second filled the complete emptiness Wanda has been feeling since walking out of the compound but as fast as it happened it fades away.

She put the envelope down on the coffee table, moving back to sit on the couch. Wanda reached out and grabbed the hoodie that was there.  It had been the only thing she had taken from Y/N's room. Pulling it on, Wanda took a deep breath, it still smelled of Y/N and it gave Wanda some comfort. It helped her when she'd wake up from the nightmares, it gave her something to hold on to.

When she'd wake up in the mornings, Wanda would reach out next to her, expecting to find Y/N there but instead there would just be an empty space and then Wanda would remember and her heart would break all over again. It was impossible to accept that the person she had been planning the rest of her life with was gone. She had shut herself off from the rest of the team, it was too difficult to be around them a part of Wanda couldn't help but blame them partly for what had happened.

Staring at the envelope Wanda considered just throwing it away, she didn't know if it would just bring her more pain to read the contents of it. But it was the last thing she had from Y/N and Wanda knew she would regret never opening it.

Curling up on the couch, Wanda decided that she would go to the address that Nat had written on it in the morning. For now she would try and sleep, she was so exhausted. After a few moments Wanda fell into an uneasy sleep, the nightmares creeping into her mind, Y/N's face twisted in pain constantly flashing into her mind.

**

The sun was just starting to rise when Wanda's eyes opened and the first thing she did was check that the envelope was still on the coffee table. She reached out and the rays of sunlight coming through the windows reflected off the ring on her finger as she touched the envelope.

"I miss you Y/N. I'm lost without you" Wanda said quietly, fighting back the tears as she looked at the engagement ring on her finger.

Getting up from the couch Wanda took a quick shower before getting dressed, putting on Y/N's hoodie again and then her own jacket. Walking back out into the lounge area, Wanda retrieved the letter and the set of keys from the coffee table.  She hesitated for a moment at the door but knew if she didn't got now then she never would.

Turning the lock on the door Wanda pushed it open for the first time since she had arrived at the apartment the night after everything had happened. Here she had been able to stay in her own world but now she had to step out into the real one. Stepping into the corridor, Wanda looked around cautiously, she knew it was unlikely that anyone would be there but she was in no mood to be ambushed by Hyrda or someone from the team today. Happy that the corridor was clear, Wanda headed to the elevator.

In the parking garage Wanda unlocked the car she had taken from the compound when she left and slid into the drivers seat. She tapped the address in to the satnav before pulling out the garage, doing the early morning commuter traffic. It didn't take long to reach the destination once she had negotiated her way out of the city and Wanda was slightly confused at first as she pulled up at an empty housing lot. Looking at the address on the envelope, Wanda double checked she had put it in right, but apparently this was exactly where she was suppose to be. Glancing out the window, Wanda noticed that there was a recently sold sign placed at the edge of the empty lot.