Let Me Out

Nat took a deep breath before pressing her palm against the scanner, the light switching to green, unlocking the door for her to step through. The underground part of the compound was kept strictly need know and not even all the avengers knew it exist. Tony had insisted on creating a secure unit where if needed the dangerous people they dealt with could be held until the threat was cleared.

It was here that they had transported Lexa on a separate jet after Y/N had left on the first one. Nat had spoken to Tony on a private comms channel when she had found Lexa and neutralised her. It had been agreed that they would keep Y/N in the dark for as long as possible about the situation, they needed time to workout what they were going to do.

Walking along the corridor, Nat came to a stop outside the cell that Lexa was currently occupying. She took a seat in the chair that had been placed outside of it and watched as Lexa walked up and down the length of the cell, they hadn't left the restraints on her as the cells had been designed to be able to withstand worse than her.

"The silent treatment again? This is getting very boring now Lexa" Nat sighed as she crossed her legs, clearly irritated by the other woman.

Lexa stopped her pacing and turned to glare at Nat, she hated that the red head had the upper hand in this situation. Whilst being held by the avengers was probably more preferable to the treatment she'd have received had Hyrda taken her, Lexa would have preferred to not be kept in any kind of cage.

"I don't have anything to say to you" Lexa said bluntly before resuming her pacing on the cell.

"Why don't you start with telling me why you didn't take Y/N straight to Hyrda? What were you planning on doing to her?" Nat persisted, needing to know what it was that had driven Lexa to disobey her orders.

Lexa subconsciously rubbed the back of her neck, her fingers brushing against the small silver disc embedded there. Though she felt somewhat better than she had at the safe house, the constant throbbing headache had not subsided and all Lexa wanted to do was rip the implant out.

"That's none of your business" Lexa snapped, moving to sit down on the small bed that occupied one corner of the cell.

"See it is my business because Y/N is my best friend and you already hurt her more than anyone should ever be hurt. So it'd really be best for you to start talking" Nat would keep pushing until Lexa broke.

Lexa carried on glaring at Nat from where she sat, this was at least the fifth time they'd done this and Lexa was becoming more and more irritated by the attitude that Nat was giving her.

"I can't tell you because I don't know why I did it. I haven't had a day of clear thoughts in the last two years, everything is fragmented and you can believe what you want but I would never hurt Y/N" Lexa finally broke the stale mate, if she wanted out of here then this would be the only way.

"You're right I don't believe you Lexa. You defected to Hyrda and then used Y/N to get into a secure Shield base where you proceeded to lead Hyrda agents in and shoot every scientist there, apart from Y/N" Nat shook her head in disbelief that Lexa would try to make such a claim.

Lexa slammed her hands down on the bed, causing it to shake under the force, her frustration and anger reaching a high as Nat kept pushing her. If she hadn't been stuck in the cell it would have been Nat her fists would have been hitting.

"Exactly, everyone apart from Y/N. The orders were to wipe everyone out that day and take the all the research but I couldn't... I... I made them think that I had done it... and it was all fine until Y/N started working here and they realised I had lied" Lexa said her hands remained clenched in fists as she spoke.