Taking Second Place

Nat knew that Y/N had noticed where she was heading but clearly she wasn't ready to talk about it, so Nat had just give her a small smile before they parted ways. It put Nat's mind at rest though knowing that Y/N and Wanda had sorted things out because she had a feeling that they were going to need one another when the team was briefed on the Hyrda activity her and Clint had seen on their scouting mission.

Reaching Lexa's room, Nat lightly tapped on the door before opening it slowly, peering round to find Lexa storming around the room, throwing things into a duffel bag on her bed. Nat frowned deeply as she stepped into the room, letting the door close behind her, folding her arms over her chest as she watched Lexa.

"Please tell me I am not about to have to deal with yet another runaway, I am really not in the mood for it" Nat said with an unamused tone as Lexa stopped finally noticing that Nat was there.

"I'm not a child Nat, if I want to leave then I can. Unless you're planning on locking me up in a cell again as a prisoner of the avengers, then I can do as I please" Lexa replied, returning to throwing stuff into the duffel bag.

Nat rolled her eyes and crossed the room, snatching the duffel bag off the bed and throwing it on the floor, stopping Lexa from being able to put anything else in it. There wasn't any chance that Nat was going to let another person storm out of the compound, the team did not need to be worried with anymore rescue missions when they had bigger issues to deal with now.

"Give me my bag back" Lexa glared at Nat from the other side of the bed.

"What's got you suddenly deciding to up and leave? I thought you were settling in here, do you really want to be back out there, easy bait for Hyrda to scoop back up?" Nat shook her head, standing firm.

Looking at Nat, Lexa was tempted to fight her way out of this one, but even if she got past Nat, it wouldn't take the rest of the avengers long to come and stop her. So it didn't look like that would be a viable option. Not to mention she had only just started earning the trust of the others, some were still cautious around her, worried she was still under Hyrda's control. No need to give them a reason to really believe that.

"Y/N kissed me. She kissed me and I am still taking second place to that little red haired witch. So I don't really want to have to stay here and watch them get their happy ending, whilst I'm thrown to the side. Like our past together means nothing at all" Lexa told Nat as she moved round the bed, trying to see where her bag had landed on the floor.

Nat arched a brow in surprise, Y/N hadn't mentioned that part to her earlier when they had been talking. It was clear from Lexa's face that she was not okay with the situation, but Nat wasn't sure what to do.

"I told her it was okay, that I understood but I can't stay here pretending that it is. Y/N was everything to me Nat, she was the one good thing I had. Before her I just focused on mission after mission, never stopping to have an actual life. It's why I was an excellent agent, but not a good person, I'd always put the job first, until her. I don't know what I am suppose to do now, I don't have a place anymore, I have no direction" Lexa said her voice breaking with emotion.

"You have a place here Lexa and I will only ever say this once so make the most if it, you are still an excellent agent and we need people like you on our side. Hyrda may have given it to you, but you have the closest dose of the original super solider serum in you. So why not use their own science against them and help us?" Nat said still standing between Lexa and the duffel bag, "I know it'll hurt to see Y/N happy with someone else but there is a fight coming Lexa, Hyrda are putting everything they have in to getting hold of Y/N. So if you do really still care about Y/N then stay."

Lexa sighed and sat down on the end of the bed, dropping her head into her hands. A part of her knew that Nat was right, as much as she hated admitting that. Staying here it did make the most sense, even if Y/N and Wanda were there. If Lexa left then there was no doubt that Hyrda would be hot on her trail to capture her again and having only just got control of her own mind back, Lexa didn't want them scrambling it again.