A Broken Reality

A few days had passed since Wanda had confronted Y/N and so far Y/N had done everything she could to avoid talking or seeing anyone. The thought of having to explain it out loud to someone, even Nat, Y/N just couldn't face it.

Y/N had spent time in the lab, returning to the one thing she knew she was good at, science. It had been a relief to lose herself in the work, to take everything else off her mind. Though deep down Y/N was aware that she couldn't avoid the situation forever.

Leaning back in her chair Y/N smiled slightly, the results from her tests had shown progress in unlocking how the alien material had fused with her DNA. Which could help figure out the extent of her new powers.

"Just need another sample" Y/N muttered to herself as she scribbled more notes down.

Once the notes were done, Y/N tucked the folder into the pile with the others and headed out of the lab. In order to take another sample of her blood she needed a fresh blood draw kit. There had only been a couple in the lab and Y/N had used them up.

She was sure Dr Cho wouldn't object to her taking a few from the medical bay. Poking her head out of the lab, Y/N checked nobody else was around before starting to make her way to the medical bay.

Opening the doors, Y/N was surprised to see the place was empty. She'd expected at least to see Dr Cho there but it appeared everyone had the day off. Y/N made her way over to one of the supply cabinets and started sifting through it trying to find what she needed.

"Hello? Is somebody out there?"

The voice made Y/N jump sending supplies scattering across the floor. Spinning around Y/N stared at the drawn curtains around one of the beds, the voice had definitely come from behind it.

"Please if there is someone there can you tell me why I'm here?"

Y/N frowned at the familiarity of the voice, then after a few seconds Y/N realised exactly who it belonged too. How the hell had she not know that Lexa was there at the compound?!

Forgetting about the scattered supplies, Y/N walked over and pulled back the curtains. Her violet eyes met Lexa's sky blue ones and for a moment the whole world just stopped.

There was none of the coldness that had been in them before, they were soft and kind, like they had been when things had been good. Before all the bad things had happened to them.

"Y/N... hey" Lexa smiled brightly at her. "I take it something went wrong on the mission? That's what landed me in this very bright and shiney med bay. Is the rest of the team okay?"

Y/N frowned, confused at what Lexa was asking and unsure what to say back to her.

"Mi amor, I thought you'd be a little bit happier to see me. I mean I know you weren't happy about me taking the mission but you look like you've seen a ghost" Lexa shifted slightly to sit up more, wincing in pain as she moved.

"Y-you don't remember..." Y/N stammered taking a step back, suddenly feeling very light headed.

"Hey Y/N come on you're starting to worry me. If you're on about me proposing to you a week ago of course I remember it and know we argued before I left but I haven't changed my mind" Lexa tried to get up from the bed but her body protested, the pain meds had worn off.

Y/N stumbled back again her hands reaching out for the wall, she felt like the air had been knocked out of her. She tried to form words but nothing would come out and her body was shaking uncontrollably. She was having a panic attack.

The room started to spin and Y/N couldn't stay up right and found herself falling backwards. The last thing she remembered was the glare of the medical bays artificial lights before she passed out.