To Feel Again

Standing in the alley, Y/N felt like a trapped animal, Wanda blocked the way forward and now Nat blocked the way back. She'd hoped they would have been to preoccupied with the fight to have noticed her attempt to get away from them.

"I'm not going anywhere with you. Did I not make it clear enough last time, I am better off without any of you" Y/N snapped, small flickers of her power fluttering around her fingers.

"That's not true and you know it. Look what being on your own has got you, nearly dying again. Don't try and tell me that's better for you" Nat shook her head, amazed that even now in this state Y/N could be so stubborn.

The rain was falling harder now as the three women stood in the alleyway. There was tension in the air as they all looked at one another, waiting to see what would happen next. Nat and Wanda were ready to fight if they had to but they both hoped it wouldn't come to that.

"This is ridiculous" Lexa stepped out from behind Nat and walked right up to Y/N. "You need to stop this, you can hate us that's fine but right now you need our help. I lost two years of my life, was turned into a traitor and a murderer. Then I find out when I wake up from that nightmare that the life I'd had before is gone. My point is we all have terrible things happen to us but that's no excuse to throw your life away by shutting it all off."

Wanda watched Lexa, annoyed by her careless approach to the situation. A small part of Wanda hoped that Y/N sent Lexa flying onto her arse. She couldn't help but be jealous of how close Lexa was to Y/N right now but Wanda had to accept that if it got Y/N to stop resisting then it was worth it.

Y/N slumped against the wall, her body starting to fail at holding off the effects of the poison. The chance of her being able to get away was getting slimmer, she might have been able to get past one of them, but not all three. Maybe it was time to give in and accept the help.

"Just let us give us a chance to sort this out Y/N. If you still hate us after then we'll accept that and you can do what you want" Lexa said gently as she reached out just in time to catch Y/N before she fell to the ground.

"Fine..." Y/N managed to say before her body shut down and she lost consciousness.

Wanda and Nat both came over as Y/N fell, standing beside Lexa who scooped Y/N up into her arms and stood up, holding her close. Lexa could feel Wanda's eyes burning into her as she held Y/N but she didn't care what the red head thought of her. She loved Y/N just as much as Wanda, if not more and if there was a chance that Y/N would choose her then Lexa was going to do everything she could to make that happen.

"Get her back to the jet. I'll see what the situation is with the others" Nat instructed Lexa and Wanda.

Nat briefly touched Y/N's hand and was relieved that she was back with them. It might not be a perfect situation but Nat would take it. It was better than not knowing where her best friend was, scared every day that she would never see her again.

"Come on mi amor" Lexa spoke softly as she carried Y/N out of the alley, paying no attention to Wanda who followed behind her.

**

"I've managed to get in contact with Dr Steven Strange and he is going to be here tomorrow to assess Y/N and her powers. We'll see if he can figure out what's going on" Tony spoke with Nat as the pair of them walked into the lab at the compound.

Y/N was on the mend thanks to Dr Cho again, a blood transfusion had allowed them to flush the poison out and then Y/N's healing powers had been able to kick back in. Though the wound on her shoulder from the bullet had left an angry twisted scar, due to it having taken the worst exposure to the poison.