You've Got This

Since there time out by the lake things had been easy and smooth between Y/N and Wanda. They spent more and more time together, often going for long walks exploring the grounds of the compound or binge watching crime documentaries on Netflix together. Whilst also talking and slowly learning more about one another. It had been the first time in a long time that Y/N felt like she belonged somewhere and that she could be close to people again.

Standing in the kitchen, Y/N poured herself a glass of orange juice before perching on one of the stools and flicking through the morning paper that was on the breakfast table. She'd been awake early to run some more tests with Bruce to see how the alien material was interacting with her genetic make-up.

So far they'd been unable to establish much past the fact that it had fused with her body altering her DNA but other than the change in eye colour nothing else seemed to be different. Y/N wasn't going to complain about it, she was glad to be alive but I'm the back of her mind Y/N wasn't convinced that there were no other changes, they just hadn't worked them out yet.

"Morning Y/N, no lovers walk today?" Nat teased as she entered the kitchen, she was still dressed in her gear so must have only recently returned from a mission.

"We're not lovers Nat" Y/N said defensively as she closed the newspaper and twisted round on the stool to look at Nat.

"Mm could have fooled me, you two have been practically inseparable! You looked particularly comfortable on the couch last night too" Nat smirked, enjoying the chance to wind her friend up.

Y/N rolled her eyes, "We are just getting to know one another better, we're friends, that's all right now".

"Well if that's how you act with friends how come you don't make lovey dovey eyes at me and hold my hand when you think nobody is looking?" Nat moved to sit on the stool opposite Y/N, with the cup of coffee she'd made. "For now, so you're saying there's a chance this is going to be something more?."

"Did you not do enough interrogating on your mission? Now you need to interrogate your best friend?" Y/N laughed attempting to deflect from answering Nat's question.

"Come on Y/N we've known one another long enough that I know when you're into someone. You really like her don't you" Nat sipped on her coffee giving Y/N a knowing look.

"I do which is why I don't want to mess it up. We agreed to take it slow" Y/N admitted as she looked across at Nat.

"Slow, that doesn't sound terribly romantic. Have you even taken Wanda out on a proper date yet?" Nat asked as she set her coffee cup back down on the table.

"Um well I mean what we've seen doing doesn't count as dates?" Y/N asked.

"You really are quite hopeless sometimes Y/N. No those are not dates, I'm talking about actually getting dressed up and taking your girl out" Nat chuckled, remembering just how clueless Y/N could be when it came to making a move or even realising that someone was interested in her.

Y/N frowned slightly, "So you think I should ask Wanda out on a date?"

"Ooo sounds like things are getting hot in here" Sam appeared in the kitchen back from his usual morning run with Steve.

As if having Nat tease her about Wanda wasn't bad enough now Y/N had to deal with Sam as well. This was not how her quiet morning was suppose to go, but a little part of her couldn't help but enjoy the playful teasing from her friends. It made her feel normal.

"Looks like Steve whooped your arse again Sam" Y/N teased back.

"Oh I see how it is, I'm gonna remember that Y/N" Sam laughed as he headed out of the kitchen and off in the direction of his room. "Nat's right though ask the girl out on a damn date already!" He shouted back over his shoulder with a chuckle.

Y/N finished her glass of orange juice and looked back over at Nat who was smirking at her. "You aren't going to let this go are you?"

"I just want to see my two closest friends happy that's all. Is that such an awful thing to want?"

"It is if it means you tease me every chance you get" Y/N shook her head laughing.

Nat laughed with Y/N as she got up from the stool she was sat on. After the scare at the start of the month, Nat was grateful that they were able to have these moments. There had been times sat in that medical bay that Nat had worried she'd never see her friend awake again.

"Look it's clear that you both really like each other, so do us all a favour and ask her on a real date. I've got to go have a meeting with Fury, but don't think I won't find out if you haven't asked her by the time I get back. You've got this L/N" Nat gave Y/N a quick hug before heading off.

Y/N stood in the empty kitchen for a moment before deciding to go and find Wanda.

It didn't take Y/N long to find Wanda, she was in her usual spot out on the lawn under the large willow tree, book in hand and an iced coffee balanced on her knee. Y/N couldn't explain how or why, but every time she saw Wanda a sense of calm and happiness filled her.

"Hey Y/N, everything okay?" Wanda smiled brightly, putting the book down as she looked to Y/N.

"Hey to you to Maximoff and yes everything is definitely okay" Y/N replied as she sat down with Wanda. "Can I ask you something?"

"Of course, what is it?" Wanda asked curiously.

"So I was just um.. well I was wondering if.." Y/N paused realising she was really messing this up.

Wanda nudged Y/N gently, "What were you wondering?"

"Would you go on a date with me?" Y/N blurted it out so there wasn't another chance for her to stumble over the words.

Wanda's smile grew wide and her eyes sparkled with delight, "Yes, I would love to go on a date with you Y/N."

"Really?" Y/N tried to cover her surprise at how quickly Wanda had agreed to go on an actual date with her. 

Wanda reached out for Y/N's hand like she had so many times since they had started spending time together and lightly traced her thumb across the back of Y/N's hand. These moments had meant everything to Wanda, since she'd been so sure they wouldn't get them when Y/N had been hooked up to all of those machines. 

"Yes really, no need to be so shocked that I would want to spend time with you outside of the compound. What time should I be ready for?" Wanda asked before taking a sip of her coffee. 

"How about 7pm? Would that be alright?" Y/N answered reaching to gently tuck a loose strand of Wanda's hair behind her ear. 

"7pm is perfect, I'll meet you down in the foyer" Wanda nodded her eyes falling to look at Y/N's lips, she'd caught herself more than once looking at them but they'd agreed to take things slowly and Wanda didn't want to push Y/N too quickly. 

"Okay, I will see you there Miss Maximoff at 7pm, but right now I have to go and see Tony and Bruce. The joys of more tests to figure out what is going on inside me and why I have these fancy new eyes" Y/N smiled leaning it to kiss the top of Wanda's head before letting go of her hand as she got up. "Enjoy your book, I'll see you later."

Y/N started heading back toward the compound, smiling like a total fool the whole way as she thought about how she was going to be taking Wanda Maximoff on a date.