One More Chance

Y/N had searched the entire inside of the compound looking for Wanda but hadn't been able to find her. So she headed outside hoping that Wanda was somewhere out there and hadn't left the compound for some reason. The sun was starting to set as Y/N walked along one of the paths, it's cast a warm orange glow across the grounds, highlighting the autumn leaves on the trees.

Turning the corner, Y/N felt relieved when she saw Wanda up ahead, she was near the tree that Y/N had often found her reading under back when they had first started seeing one another.

Wanda didn't need to turn round to know who it was approaching her. She'd been able to feel Y/N when she had come out of the compound and also Wanda didn't know if she could look at her right now. Not after seeing her in Lexa's arms and kissing her.

"Wanda I've been looking for you everywhere, I thought I'd missed you, that you'd gone somewhere with Nat" Y/N started talking, her nerves getting the better of her.

"Really? So you were looking for me and what, you fell into Lexa's arms and lips?" Wanda kept her back to Y/N, anger and hurt radiating off of her.

Y/N came to a sudden stop when she heard Wanda. Guilt and regret flooded through her, she wasn't sure how Wanda knew but it didn't matter. What mattered was the fact that Y/N had to explain what had happened, she needed Wanda to understand that it had been a mistake.

"Wanda I'm sorry. It was stupid and It was selfish of me to do that, I really messed up. It didn't mean anything, I do care about Lexa of course but I don't love her like that anymore" Y/N tried to explain but she felt like she was failing miserably at it as Wanda still wouldn't look at her.

Wanda didn't move or say anything, she struggled to push away the sight of Lexa holding Y/N, clearly still in love with her even if Y/N didn't return those feelings. So what was going to stop her from trying to push her way between Y/N and Wanda again.

Y/N shifted on the spot where she stood, struggling to stop herself from reaching out for Wanda. She had to respect the space Wanda needed right now, but god she just wanted to hold her again.

"I've fallen for you and I mean it, I want to be with you. There's nothing you could do to change my mind because I'm in love with you, Wanda. When I think about my future the only thing I am certain of is you. I have made so many mistakes lately and I know I am asking so much of you right now but please, let me chose you, let me be your person, let me love you" Y/N didn't know if Wanda would believe her but she had to try to tell her how she felt. "I will do whatever I can to make it up to you Wanda. I won't give up, I can't do any of this without you by my side."

Wanda listened to Y/N talk and it made her feel for the first time in months that things could be right again. This was their chance to make things work and Wanda wanted that more than anything but she was hesitant, each time she'd let herself believe that something bad had happened.

"I won't go through this again Y/N, this time has to be different. If you leave me like you did before, I won't come after you again. I'm in love with you and when I'm with you I feel like I'm whole, like you're the missing puzzle piece but I can't go through the pain of losing you anymore. So promise me you really mean it when you talk about the future, about us being together in it" Wanda said as she finally turned around to look at Y/N.

"Wanda I promise, I promise that I will be here. I've got a lot of stuff to work through and it'll be difficult but I want to be better for you" Y/N replied, taking a step closer to Wanda, the gravel crunching under her boots as she moved.

Wanda didn't waste another moment of being apart from Y/N, it had been too long. She rushed forward and flung her arms around Y/N's neck, her lips crashing against Y/N's in a rough passionate kiss. Y/N kissed Wanda back, all of her emotions pouring into it, her heart soaring as she held Wanda in her arms.

"I love you" Wanda broke the kiss, pressing her forehead against Y/N's her hands sliding round to rest on Y/N's shoulders.

"I love you too Wanda, I always will, you have my heart" Y/N smiled, gently moving a stand of Wanda's hair from her face.

"Let's go back inside. I have something for you" Wanda took hold of Y/N's hand, lacing their fingers together.

"Oh you do?" Y/N smirked a little as she looked at Wanda, letting her lead the way back into the compound.

Wanda laughed, shaking her head slightly, "No, not that. Though I'm sure I could make time for that later."

They walked hand in hand through the compound, making their way back to Wanda's room. When they got inside, Wanda let go of Y/N's hand and hurried over to her bedside table, opening the draw and pulling out a box.

"So umm... I got this for you... for your birthday" Wanda explained as she held the box out to Y/N, "Obviously I'd planned to give it to you sooner but well you know."

Y/N took the box from Wanda, a smile tugging at the corner of her lips. Opening the box, Y/N looked at key that was inside, a flicker of confusion crossed her face as she looked back at Wanda.

"What's the key for?" Y/N asked as she picked it up from the box.

"I have an apartment in the city, I've had it for awhile now but with everything that happened I ended up staying at the compound. I was hoping that it could become our apartment though. If you wanted to move in with me" Wanda said, feeling anxious about finally asking Y/N, worried she would laugh at the idea.

"Wanda of course I want to move in with you, I would love that. It would be perfect" Y/N smiled brightly, her eyes lighting up at the idea of them having their own place together.

Y/N put the key back in the box and set it down before walking over to Wanda and pulling her into a tight hug. There was a lot that she still had to deal with but knowing that she had Wanda on her side gave Y/N hope that she could get through it.

"As much as I would like to keep you all to myself and have you show me how much you love me" A playful smirk appeared on Wanda's lips, "You should probably go and see Nat, she's been really worried about you."

Knowing that Nat had never given up, Y/N knew she owed her best friend a massive apology for the way she had behaved. She had said regrettable things to Nat, just as she had done to Wanda. Reluctantly letting go of Wanda she nodded.

"Yeah you're right, I should go and sort that out. Afterwards though, I'll definitely come and show you how much I love you" Y/N grinned, winking at Wanda.

"I'll me holding you to that Y/L/N" Wanda laughed.

Y/N stole a quick kiss from Wanda before leaving to go and look for Nat. She felt nervous about seeing Nat, they had been through so much together and Y/N didn't know if this time Nat would be done with always looking out for her after everything Y/N had done this time. Y/N headed toward the training room, if Nat was anywhere then it would be in there.