You Broke Me

(A.N. - Lexa Steele = Vanessa Kirby as pictured above) 

Y/N glared at Lexa as she sat down opposite her on the jet. Having regained consciousness Y/N had cycled through every emotion when she realised what had happened and who she was now trapped with. Y/N was firmly stuck in the anger and rage steps of the cycle now.

"Are you trying to glare me to death, mi amor?" Lexa grinned tilting her head as she looked across at Y/N.

"Don't call me that and whilst you're at it go to hell" Y/N snapped at Lexa.

"Really after all this time that's the best you've got, I was expecting something far more hurtful" Lexa rolled her eyes at the insult.

Y/N slumped back in the seat feeling completely lost. Two years had past and Y/N had been sure that Lexa would have forgotten about her by now, clearly that was not the case, she was here trying to ruin her life all over again. Y/N was a prisoner of HYDRA and stuck on a jet with her insane ex-fiancé.

"What did you do to Wanda?" Y/N hadn't been able to stop thinking about what had happened outside the hanger. The way Wanda had looked at her like she was nobody to her.

"Interesting, you haven't seen me for however long it's been and your first question is about that annoying little red head" Lexa said an edge of annoyance in her tone as she looked over at Y/N.

Y/N didn't think she could hate Lexa anymore than she already did, but hearing her talk about Wanda made Y/N want to throw Lexa off the jet. The only issue and thing that was stopping Y/N were the restraints currently holding her in place.

"I don't care about you, you're a traitor and a killer. You are the definition of mentally unstable!" Y/N shouted "What on earth would make you think I'd want to know anything about you?!" Y/N shook her head in disbelief at the audacity of Lexa.

Lexa moved quickly crossing the distance between them, slamming her hand into the wall beside Y/N's head.Crumpling the metal framework of the jet as she did. 

"Don't push me Y/N. Otherwise my mentally unstable side might just come out" Lexa snarled her face barely a few inches away from Y/N's.

"What did they do to you?" Y/N's violet eyes met Lexa's cold blue ones, there was none of the warmth left in them that Y/N remembered there being.

For a moment as their eyes met Y/N found herself remembering the night before Lexa had left on that last mission before going missing The night had been so perfect, they had been so happy and it had been that same night that Lexa had asked Y/N to marry her. Y/N had felt on top of the world, which meant she'd hd so much further to fall when things went wrong.

It hurt more than Y/N thought it would to allow that memory to come to the surface. She hadn't ever allowed herself to remember the time with Lexa, she had forced all those memories into a box and locked them deep deep down. After everything Lexa had done, Y/N had promised herself to never feel those feelings she'd had for Lexa again.

"They made me better than I ever would have been if I'd stayed with you" Lexa snapped as she pulled her fist from the wall and turned away.

"You think that this is better?! You honestly think that being a murderer is better?!" Y/N raised her voice, hurt to think that Lexa would really have thought this was better than the life they'd had together.

"Well clearly delusional should be added to the damn list of things that you are, because only a totally delusional person could think that defecting to the enemy and hurting people is a better way to live" Y/N kept going, watching as Lexa paced up and down the jet.

Lexa brow furrowed as she listened to what Y/N was saying to her, a distant part of her knew that it was true. All of it was true and Lexa momentarily felt the weight of all the awful things she had done fall on her.

These clear moments had come a lot when she'd first been taken in by HYDRA but they had started happening less and less in the last year. When they'd injected her with the new version of the super solider serum they'd been working on they had also taken the liberty of putting one of the neuro implants in Lexa.

Since that had happened Lexa had become more and more detached from her past and her memories, each time they had thought she was slipping they would reprogram the implant and force her through brutal training scenarios. All to ensure that she remained under their control.

"Not as delusional as you are, thinking that Wanda actually cares about you. Really Y/N you honestly think that you of all people are worth caring about?" Lexa's words were laced with venom as she spun around and looked back at Y/N, the mental conditioning from the implant kicking in and ridding Lexa of the moment of clarity as quickly as it had come.

"Wanda doesn't love you, she pities you. It took hardly any convincing to turn her against you, she attacked you by choice. You're pathetic" Lexa smirked.

Y/N bit the corner of her lip, fighting back the tears as Lexa's words stabbed through to her heart. There was no way it was possible that Wanda had attacked her on purpose, Y/N refused to believe it. She had seen the look in Wanda's eyes, she hadn't been herself, there was no way Wanda would hurt her or the others if she'd truly had a choice. 

"You're lying..." Y/N whispered as a single tear escaped and slid down her cheek.

"Believe whatever you want Y/N. You're just as naive as you were when we were together, you haven't changed at all" Lexa turned away again, starting to walk away toward the cockpit.

"I changed... You broke me..." Y/N said sounding completely defeated.

Lexa didn't respond her brow furrowing again as she felt the pain in Y/N's words. Not wanting to carry on the conversation, Lexa pushed her hand against the scanner and disappeared through the door to the cockpit, leaving Y/N alone.

**

"How far away from base are we?" Lexa asked the pilot a she assessed the data on the monitors.

"About an hour out" The pilot responded.

Lexa nodded as she moved to stand behind the pilot, looking out the glass at the setting sun. They were passing over a vast forest, on route to one of the many secret locations that had been created by HYDRA over the years. As she stood there though Lexa couldn't get rid of the nagging feeling that this was wrong.

Her mission had been to retrieve Y/N and then deliver her to the location, after that she was already lined up for another mission that would see her leave for a number of months. It was as if the higher ups didn't want Lexa to be anywhere near Y/N after today.

"Sorry about this Charlie" Lexa said as she moved grabbing the pilot's head from behind  and slamming it into the instrument panel, knocking him out cold.

Dragging him out of the seat, Lexa laid him on the floor before taking the seat and setting the jet on a new course. Every movement caused Lexa an immense amount of pain as she fought against the chemical and electrical shocks that her implant administered as she disobeyed the mission objective.

Alpha One you are showing as being off course. Please respond.

Lexa reached over to the comms unit and punched her fist straight through it, terminating any form of communication with the base that would have been expecting her imminent arrival. 

She had no idea why she was doing this, all Lexa knew was that she needed more time to figure out what was going on. Checking the co-ordinates over again, Lexa flipped the switches to put the jet into stealth mode. No need to risk anyone being able to find her until she made a decision.