Time To Celebrate

Turning the corner into the lounge area Y/N looked confused seeing that it was all in darkness and turned to see if Wanda knew what was going on but she too seemed unaware as to why all the lights were off.

"Nat definitely said the lounge didn't she?" Y/N asked as she took a few more steps in.

Before Wanda could respond all the lights suddenly came on and the team jumped out of all the places they had been hiding and shouted together.

"Surprise Y/N!! Happy Birthday!!"

The room was filled with balloons and banners, as well as Clint and Bucky setting off confetti grenades that went absolutely everywhere. They were all wearing ridiculous party hats and on closer inspection they had Y/N's face printed all over them.

Y/N thought she was going to die of embarrassment at the fuss that the team were making, she hadn't thought anyone would know that it was her birthday. It wasn't exactly a day that Y/N had celebrated recently and she hadn't mentioned it to anyone since arriving at the compound several months ago.

"It's your birthday! Why didn't you tell me?!" Wanda spun around looking at Y/N, clearly upset that it had slipped Y/N's mind to mention it to her.

"I.. Well I didn't think it was a big deal... Sorry" Y/N admitted with a small shrug.

"But I didn't get you a present" Wanda frowned.

"It's fine, you gave me plenty of presents earlier" Y/N winked.

Nat came over and held out two glasses of champagne and was smiling brightly. Y/N realised as she took the champagne that all of this had been orchestrated by Nat the only person there that would have known what day it was without Y/N saying anything.

"You really didn't need to do all of this Nat" Y/N said as she took a sip of the champagne.

"Ah don't be such a downer Y/N, did you really think we would let you get away with not telling us and giving us a reason to have a party?" Clint chipped in as he handed them both party hats.

"Yeah come on Y/N, Tony loves any excuse to break out the champagne and his famous dance moves" Steve laughed as he nudged Tony who rolled his eyes at them.

Wanda was still frowning at Y/N and she felt guilty for having not told Wanda now. It hadn't been Y/N's intention to upset Wanda, she was just so use to being alone over the last couple of years that it hadn't occurred to her that people would care about it being her birthday.

"Hey, stop frowning you'll give yourself wrinkles" Y/N teased Wanda trying to lighten her mood.

"I'm not going to let you off that easily" Wanda said as she put the party hat on before smiling at Y/N, she might be mad about Y/N not telling her but Wanda wanted them to have a good time.

"I didn't think you would" Y/N laughed, she loved how adorable Wanda looked in the silly party hat.

The party got into full swing, everyone enjoying the chance to relax and be with one another after a tough few months. It was a welcome chance to unwind and catch up properly. Y/N was playing darts with Clint and Bucky when Nat came over to them, laughing when Y/N threw a dart that went into the wall rather than the dart board.

"Can I borrow the birthday girl for a moment?" Nat asked as she lopped her arm through Y/N's.

"Sure, probably for the best before Tony notices the holes in the wall" Bucky teased as he took the darts from Y/N.

Y/N allowed Nat to lead her off and out onto the balcony, giving them some space to talk away from the others as they carried on partying. It was a warm summer evening and Y/N took a deep breath enjoying the fresh air.