Chapter 28: Pummelo Island Battle!

Luna and the gang were now riding Lapras on their way to Pummelo Island.

"I can't believe that I'm finally on my way to the Orange League." Luna said excitedly.

"How do you feel Lu?" Misty asked.

"Well Mist I feel great and excited." Luna admitted.

"Since you told me that you entered the Indigo League a while back Lu and you are the winner." Tracey said, "This will your second League."

"That's right Tracey, it is." Luna said with a smile. Suddenly the gang saw a large shadow figure flying across the ocean. "I wander that is." She said.

Tracey had a look through his binoculars, but he still couldn't make out what the shadowy figure was. The shadowy figure flew higher up into the sky and then flew away.

"I wonder where it's going." Misty said.

"I don't know," said Tracey, "but I do hope that we will see it again." The gang then moved on to Pummelo Island.

When the gang finally got to Pummelo Island, the first thing they did was go to the building where Luna had to register to enter the Orange League.

Luna took off her coat and fake glasses and undid her two low pigtails and put them in her bag. Misty suggested to do so when she leaves no-one would recognise her.

The receptionist scanned Luna's PokéDex, Luna keep her PokéDex just in case something like this happen and Four Gym Badges and soon Luna was registered.

"Okay, Luna Mew Light your match is scheduled at ten o'clock in the morning at the Pummelo Stadium." The receptionist said.

Luna asked the receptionist where the Pummelo Stadium was. The receptionist showed the gang the way to the Pummelo Stadium.

The Pummelo Stadium stood on the top of a big hill, and it looked Roman coliseum style. There was a domed shape building next to the Pummelo Stadium.

The receptionist explained that the dome shaped building was the Orange League's hall of fame. Inside there were stone statues of some Pokémon, pictures of trainers with their six Pokémon and stone slates of prints from Pokémon.

"If a trainer wins the Orange League," the receptionist said, "not only would you win the winner's trophy but a photo you and your six Pokémon get to be placed in the hall of fame."

Luna got really excited of thinking about being placed in the hall of fame.

"To win the Orange League, you have to defeat our head leader, Drake, in a 6 on 6 Pokémon battle."

"Wao~ Full 6 on 6 Pokémon Battle, this is exciting." Luna said happily.

Just them Tracey noticed a lot of statues of a dragon in the building.

"These statues are Dragonite." Luna said.

"That's right," the receptionist said, "and I must warn you, Drake owns a Dragonite."

The gang was surprised by that.

"And because of Dragonite, Drake hasn't been defeated for quite a while. So Luna I wish you good luck."

In Pummelo Stadium, the head leader, Drake, was looking at the sky in a bored state. "I wonder if there will ever be a trainer strong enough to triumph over us." He sighed. "I heard that Luna Mew Light is going to be our challenger, I hope the rumours about her is true." The truth is a lot of Pokémon have challenged him in the past, but he had easily defeated them. So his wish was to have a challenger to not only give him a good fight, but also triumph over him.