Chapter 12: Gringy City. Diglett's Problem? Fuchsia Gym!

Luna and company came to a place called Gringy City. Luna was carrying Cubone in her arms, Pichu and Pikachu on her shoulders. The Pokémon she had with her right now were Pichu, Pikachu, Cubone, Cressila, Butterfree, S.Vulpix, Rapidash, S.Ditto, Vaporeon and Espeon.

Luna didn't like Gringy City; it was a really polluted place and thick grey smoke was rising in the air.

"I don't like this place," Luna said bluntly, "it's filthy and polluted and there's a real stentch in the air."

"I hate it too," Misty said, "and there seems to be nothing but factories and no people are about."

"This place used to be a livier place," Brock said, "but they went overboard with factories and pollution ruined the air and water."

"Come on," Luna said, "let's find the Pokémon Centre. I can't stand staying out here and I don't find this place safe for Pokémon either."

Misty and Brock agreed and they went to the Pokémon Centre right away.

It was quite late when they reached the Pokémon Centre, so Nurse Joy was not happy with them being out so late.

Luna, Misty and Brock booked a room and went to bed.

"For once I'm glad to be inside, rather than outside." Luna said.

"So am I," Misty agreed, "the sights and smells of this place made me feeling sick."

"I suggest we leave immediately as soon as daylight hits." Luna suggested.

Brock and Misty couldn't agree more.

Just then all the lights in the Pokémon Centre went off.

"What's happened?" Luna groaned, "A black out?"

Luna, Misty and Brock went to see what's happened when they saw Nurse Joy looking worried and upset.

There were some Pokémon in incubators and without the power the Pokémon were in trouble.

"If the power doesn't come on soon," Nurse Joy said worriedly for the Pokémon, "the Pokémon might die."

"We need to sort this out at once." Luna said.

Luna, Misty and Brock left the Pokémon Centre, to found out what happen to the lights.

They spoke to Officer Jenny. "I've been trying to contact the power plant, but no one is answering." She told them.

Office Jenny pointed to where the Power Plant was located, so Luna, Misty and Brock they all rushed over to it quickly.

It didn't take them long to find the power plant; the power plant was the biggest building in Gringy City. The power plant had big chimneys with lots of thick smoke coming out.

"Something tells me this is where most of the pollution is from." Luna said.

Misty noticed a stream by it, "Ugh look at that," she said in disgust, "this water is as filthy as the air." The water looked greeny blue.

"Come on," said Luna, "let's enter this building."

What they didn't see was that some sort of purpe sludge was living in the stream, but Luna felt something with her Aura.

The inside of the power plant was very dark. Luckily the gang had torches on them.

"Okay what should we do?" Luna asked them.

"I suggest," said Brock, "that we find the main power room. There might be people in there."

Just as they were about to find the main power room, they walked into what seemingly look like robotic life form that has a gray, spherical metal body with horseshoe magnets on each side and a single, large eye. It has three Phillips head screws on its body: two near the bottom of its body, and the other on top of its head and looks similar to an antenna.