Chapter 4: Pewter City and Mt. Moon!

Travelling through the forest was quite a time for Luna and Misty. Apart from Misty being afraid of bugs, Viridian Forest was so big so getting lost was easily expect Luna could use her X-Dexter to get direction but she couldn't since Misty was running and kept dragging her everywhere.

Some good thing did happen though, Luna caught a Caterpie and Wurmple along with a Finneon, they made a new friend who name is Samurai and when Luna was battling both her Bug Pokémon fully evolved into Butterfree and Beautifly she was happy with it.

When they reached Pewter City they were tired and exhausted especially Misty who freaked out the most. "Phew." Luna said, "I thought that we will never going to get out of that forest."

"Me too." Misty said. "I'm just glad we're away from those bugs at last." They headed straight for the Pokémon Centre to get some rest.

Luna gave her Pokémon to Nurse Joy right away, to make sure that her Pokémon were in tip top shape for the Gym Battle. "Thank you Nurse Joy." Luna said.

"Thank nothing of it Luna." Nurse Joy replied.

Luna blinked, "Huh? How do you know my name?" She asked, "This isn't Viridian City."

"My sister told me about you." Nurse Joy replied with a smile, "She even told me about the encounter with Team Rocket. Oh and there's a poster on the wall beside me that you should see." The poster said the Indigo League was going to be held this year.

"Wow. I'm so going to enter the tournament." Luna said.

Whiles Luna's Pokémon were recovering, she and Misty were having a meal at a nearby café.

"So you really are going to enter it huh?" Misty asked.

"Of course," Luna answered, "I always wanted to enter it, I told you Misty that I was going to enter the Indigo League wasn't I?"

"Will you be alright?" Misty asked, "I mean you will need Eight Gym Badges and the Gym Leaders can be very strong you know."

"Don't worry so much Misty." Luna smiled, "I know that and how it works. Beside I looked up about the Gym Leaders before I left home. So I know the Pewter Gym uses Rock Type and don't forget I have been training with my Pokémon for this. Especially Pichu and Infernape for the League."

Misty was impressed with Luna, she thought that she would be one of those typical little kids but Luna wasn't at all.

"So what are you going to do about this gym?" Misty asked.

"You will have to wait and see." Luna replied, with a smile. She didn't want to reveal her battle strategy to Misty until they got to the gym.

After finishing their meal at the restaurant, Luna and Misty headed right for the Pewter Gym.

The Pewter Gym building was made out of giant grey stones, forming the shape of the gym.

"Well here I go." Luna said as she opened the door and entered.

"Who goes there?" A voice said from inside the gym.

"My name is Luna," Luna spoke up, "and I'm here to challenge your gym to win a badge."

"Very well," the voice said as he appeared out of the shadows, "I'm the Gym Leader Brock and I accept your challenge."

Brock lead Luna to the battlefield; the battlefield was a sandy floor with big pointy rocks in it. Misty walked to the side lines to watch holding Pichu and Pikachu.

"This battle is between Brock from Pewter Gym Leader and Luna Mew Light of Pallet Town." Said the Referee, who Brock introduced as his brother Forrest. "Both challengers will use two Pokémon each. And who defeats both two Pokémon first wins Let the battle begin!"