Chapter 15: Helping Paras. Jigglypuff Forgot? Finding Fossils?

Luna and the gang came to a small village called Mossgreen Village.

"I want a rest and something to eat," Luna said, "not to mention my Pokémon need a rest too." She had been training with her Pokémon a lot on their travels and when she switches them through the Xtransceiver.

Bagon evolved into Shelgon and S.Ralts evolved into Kirlia.

All Luna's Pokémon as a daily routine, continuing to train but they relax three days before training again for three days to kept up in good shape.

While on the travels they had met a wannabe magician named Melvin. He had two Pokémon, Exeggcute and Exegutor.

Luna had battled him with her Charmander and in process Charmander had evolved into Charmeleon.

Charmeleon is a bipedal, reptilian creature. It has crimson scales and a cream underside. There is a horn-like protrusion on the back of its head, and it has narrow green eyes and a long snout. It has relatively long arms with three sharp claws. Its short legs have feet with three claws and cream-colored soles. The tip of its long, powerful tail has a flame burning on it.

At first Luna was a bit nervous of her Charmeleon, she had heards stories in the past about Charmeleons usually being disobedient after evolving from Charmander.

But when Luna happily hugged Charmeleon, Charmeleon hugged Luna back. So Charmeleon was still loyal to Luna.

And Luna got to know the Pokémon she had caught from the Safari Zone better.

"Apart from food and rest," Brock said, "we need to stock up on medicines." His medicine bag was empty. It wasn't a good idea for them to travel without medicines.

After getting food and a nice rest at the village inn, they went to the village Pharmacy. The Pharmacy was run by a woman names Cassandra and her grandmother.

After Brock brought medicine from her store, Cassandra asked Luna for a Pokémon battle. Luna accepted that. Cassandra's Pokémon was a Paras. Luna smiled at that, she had a Paras as well.

"The reason I want to battle is to help Paras evolve," Cassandra said, "you see Para's mushroom will help me and medicines if it evolves into a Parasect."

Luna agreed to help with that. "Let's do it." She said.

But when Luna and Cassandra started to battle, there was a problem. Cassandra's Paras was a coward and weakling.

When Pichu and Pikachu went up to greet Paras it walked behind her in cowardness. 'This is going to be a big problem.' Luna thought, she asked Pikachu to do the smallest thundershock he could do.

When Pikachu did that, Paras fainted at once, Luna face palm herself along with Pichu on her shoulder, 'No offence, but this is pathetic,' she thought, 'of all the weak Pokémon I have seen in the past, this Paras is the weakest.' She sigh, "Time out Cassandra," Luna said, "this is getting us nowhere. We need to put your Paras into shape, before we continue battling."

"The young lady is right," said Cassandra's grandmother, "your Paras needs to build up confidence Cassandra."

"And I know what Pokémon can help us," said Luna, holding up a PokéBall, "Paras I choose you." Luna's Paras was ready to go. "Okay Paras we need your help. You see that Paras over there is really weak and has no confidence, it needs help. So I need you to help that Paras get into shape."

Paras nodded.

Luna founds some logs and put them straight in a line, "We will use these logs," she explained, "to test out Paras attacks."