"And what about the gunshots?"

"She shot, I'm assuming because I gave her my gun and that's the only gun I know of in here."

I nod, staring at Enzo's bleeding wound. Reyna wouldn't have shot him if she knew Enzo was her attacker...but then again Enzo wouldn't attack his girlfriend if he knew that she would see him.

 Enzo follows my line of sight before realizing that I've figured out he's the one who took Reyna. "You going to tell anyone?"

"Why kidnap her?" I inquire, ignoring his question. "Did you do it just to save her?"

Enzo shrugs and sits up, leaning on his knees. "Ozzy broke his arm just to meet us, yet he's the good guy?"

"I never said that," I argue, seething. This guy is twisted. Is this really how he thinks and reacts? Has he never heard of apologizing and trust and time? "So when you went downstairs to get Hanzo and Reyna's mom, you went to get Reyna?"

"No. I checked on Hanzo. Then went back up to create a plan of action. Then came back down in case any of you saw me." 

 "That's why you were so out of breath," I acknowledge. "I mean, you're fit. A few flights of stairs shouldn't have bothered you, but those same flights four times after kidnapping some girl-"

"She's not just some girl, or I wouldn't go to great lengths, sparky."

"Do you love her?" I pry, sitting up beside Reyna on the ground.

Enzo gives me a half shrug and a smirk. "As much as a guy like me can." I nod in response.

"So you going to tell anyone?" he repeats.

"Maybe," I respond, refusing to be bullied by this guy. I've handled a lot of cocky, bastard guys in my years. Enzo isn't the first. "So what if I do? Using your gun attracts attention and Oscar's got your knife."

"Is that how it's going to be?" he asks quietly. So quiet, in fact, that I wonder if he even said anything. Standing, he gracefully saunters to the café door. He closes it. Locks it and puts a chair by the handle. "I really wish you weren't going to be such a wildcard. See, Makai was getting interesting the night I found Reyna. But once he stopped, I was going to kill him. However, I had other plans in mind. See, you were getting interesting – oh, yeah. You were my diva, snotty, selfish bitch who everyone had to love because you had a body. But then you turned out to be stronger than people recognized. At least, I recognized it...everyone else won't have the chance to."

Standing up, I back away, bumping into a counter with computers. I clutch a mouse and discretely unplug it from the computer. "They won't have the chance to?" I interrogate. "You going to kill all my friends?"

"No, of course not," he softly says, smiling and softening his eyes. If we were anywhere else, I would've deducted that he was rearing up for a kiss. Slowly, he approaches me. 

"Why ruin their potential to give me entertainment, when I can eliminate the person who already ruins their chance of being interesting?"

"What are you going to do?" I slyly ask. "Strangle me?" As I suggest strangulation, I fling the mouse cord around Enzo's neck and run behind him, yanking on the cord with all my body weight. Suddenly, the tightness in the cord snaps and my leverage is gone, making me collapse to the ground. What? 

I look up to see Enzo twirling his knife and laughing. "The thing about being a criminal and a deputy is that you learn a few tricks, Del. Pickpocketing is common knowledge.Now...about that mouse...were you really expecting to kill me with that petty little manoeuvre?"