6.0 - Surprises & Phone Calls

After two short but productive days in Monaco, we had to fly to Abu Dhabi for the final race. Our schedules were mostly busy and filled since I for example had to tie everything off for the season press wise. Max being second and so close to the title meant that interviews for him were at an all time high. We arrived there on Thursday at dawn so we slept in the plane and a few hours at the hotel until it was time to get up for track walks and press conferences. The whole day was a mess, I stayed mostly in my office until I went to the driver's conference to make sure everything was running smoothly there and then went back to a few meetings. Finally, I managed to get everything done for the day before going back to the hotel.

I hadn't seen Charles all day which made me feel some sort of way I tried to ignore. Him and I had not had the best of conversations in my hotel room a few days ago. I knew he was mad, he had expressed in a way his regret of us not being together and held on to the idea that we could still work. Making it work with him however meant blowing up my entire life, everything that in a way had made me feel secure and stable for the last couple of years. I got back to my room completely tired and texted the group chat that they could go out for dinner and I was going to call an early night.

The next day, my alarm went off later than usual. The benefits of racing here was that the events were later during the day instead of waking up early to get Max's lazy ass to the track.

I got ready with time and since there was still a few hours until we had to be at the track for Free practice, I dressed in a normal outfit and not in my uniform which I would have to come back and change for.

oliviaastor

story posted

story posted

Val called me and we agreed to meet in the lobby. I took the elevator from the 36th floor to the entrance and I spotted Lando. As I approached him, I also noticed he was talking to Charles. I debated turning around to avoid the run in but they had already looked in my direction and noticed me approaching.

"Hey" I managed to spit out.

"Hey" He replied also very dry.

"Well this is very awkward and I feel like I'm with my divorced parents. I'll go look for Liza, I'm out" Lando announced, running off and leaving us standing in silence.

"I wanted to apologize" He said.

"What for?" I frowned.

"Walking out like that. I mean you expressed your feelings and your way of thinking and because I don't like it doesn't mean that I had to just be so rude" He elaborated. I nodded.

"It's fine Charles, emotions run high. I can understand if you don't want to see me or deal with me, it's hard for the both of us" I said.

"It was a conversations we needed to have. It made me evaluate a lot of things with Caroline" He explained.