2.6 - Accidental Run Ins & Late Talks

We flew back to Nice where we took our usual car back to Monaco after a very painful goodbye with Valerie. The first time I left, there was no goodbye. I just packed up and didn't have to face her. This time there was lots of tears even though we weren't even that far apart from each other.

Charles and I parted ways when we arrived from the Nice airport and I went back to the apartment. I found Anna sitting in the couch on the phone, once she heard me entered and quickly hanged up.

"Olivia!" She screamed and jumped out to hug me. "I've missed you, we've barley spent time together"

"I've missed you too but I'm here to stay for a while, the next time race I have to attend is more than a month from now" I laughed, setting my bag by the corridor. I walked over to her and sat on the arm rest of the sofa.

"Good, because there is a gala party I want you to come to me to in about two weeks" She smirked.

"Again?" I groaned.

"Yes, again! I don't want to deal with my family alone" She groaned back. I don't know why she keeps attending this events she knows she is going to hate, I'm guessing she just wants to keep her dad happy so the money keeps flowing. She seems to have a better relationship with him than Louis.

"Can Charles come?" I sat next to her. I've planned to spend as much time with Charles as I can outside of work, enjoy our down time. Also, he would keep me company once Anna abandons me.

"No! This is a girl's night! You've seen your boyfriend all week" She explained.

"Fine!" I complied. "But I'll have a frown on my face the whole night"

"Oh, I know" She shook her head laughing.

- | -

A few weeks passed and it was the day of the gala that Anna had invited me to. I had gone shopping with her a few days back to find something to wear since the downside to being cheated on by your boyfriend and having to move out in minutes to run away is that there is no space for you to take your formal dresses in your suitcase.

Charles and I had spent most of time together after he had gone and came from the Hungarian race. Once he came back, we had a small holiday in Greece for a few days. We stayed at a villa the two of us and it was the first time since we began dating that it felt calm, no drama, no outside factors like the press or other people. We spent that time getting to know each other better and enjoying the sun. Once we came back, I avoided Max at all costs around Monaco. I avoided the restaurants I knew he frequently attended and the clubs I know he liked to go to. It was time that I set my head straight.

It was weird having all of us together for a long period of time in the same place, one might say we were struggling a little to find normality. We all live hectic lives and even if we do live in the same city, with very little people and run around the same circles, it was not often that they would stay put in the same place long enough to keep running into each other.

oliviaastor