4.3 - Friend Trips & Proposals

Getting the two of us on a plane has always been chaotic. We were always late and nothing was done being packed. We both were running around in the morning trying to get everything in place before leaving for the airport. It's always been like this with us and I'm sure if Charles was here he would get frustrated but I think it's a beautiful part and tradition in our friendship.

We finally got into the car and it drove us to the airport. We had a few minutes to spare so Val and I looked at boats and we finally booked one for tomorrow morning. We boarded the plane and after 12 long, excruciating hours on the plane where I think we lost our minds, got tipsy off mimosas, fell asleep and got a hungover all in the span of that time. We finally landed and it was already dark out. We got a car to the hotel where Val checked in and we parted ways as I looked for my room with Charles.

I found the room number and knocked. He opened up in sweatpants, his typical bandana, glasses and I jumped on to him. He squeezed me as I refused to let go. Two weeks isn't a lot but it was still too long for us to be apart. He grabbed my suitcase as I was still hanging around his waist and neck and rolled it into the room. We fall back into the bed and I still hold on like a koala refusing to let go, I missed him so much and it's hard when we've been fighting and once we finally make up and should be able to enjoy each other's company, we have to be thousands of miles apart.

We talked for a while until we both fell asleep before waking up early the next morning.

- | -

Waking up at 7AM after a 12 hour flight and a 5 hour time difference with Monaco was rough. Charles who was more accustomed to the time zone by now, dragged me out of the bed and shoved me into a the bathroom for a cold shower to wake me up.

I got ready and packed a bag for the two of us with whist extra clothes and necessities.

oliviaastor

story posted

story posted

We meet downstairs for breakfast as we wait for the guys to come down. I have no idea who Charles invited aside from obviously Lando who was coming with Liza. Val came downstairs into the restaurant first and took a sit next to me as her and Charles have a chat. Lando and Liza arrived shortly after and we started ordering breakfast. Pierre and George joined us at the table which wasn't surprising to me and Carlos also was coming. When I thought that the group was complete, someone pulled a chair from the table and took a sit. I looked up and it was Max which completely threw me off.

Max and Charles were decent friends during their racing careers but the whole incident, almost punching each other obviously made them not close at all. I didn't mind Max joining us, he was good fun and I liked him around.

We finished breakfast and we took two cars to drive us to the beach we were deporting from which took around an hour and a half of hearing Lando, Charles awfully sing the whole ride. After having our ears bleed with Liza and Val, we finally arrived to our destination. The other car was in front by a few minutes so they were waiting for us outside.