1.0 - Trust Issues & Lies

It was goodbye day. I mean not really, he was just leaving one day before me and I would meet him in Baku tomorrow. I had been running around the city trying to get all the paperwork and work left done. Charles and I had spent the past 6 days together as much as we could. I dropped him off at the airport before going to work to leave everything in order. I hugged him tightly like our goodbye would last more than 24 hours and kissed him before he left to board his plane.

The next hours were spent at work and at home trying to stuff outfits into my suitcase. My busy schedule had stopped me from hanging out with Anna as much which she constantly reminded me and now that I was going away it was even harder for us to go out. I promised her that when I came back I was all hers.

Since I had a 6:00AM flight I crashed at 8 the night before like an old lady, but hey I need sleep. When I opened my eyes again it was still dark out. I don't think the birds had even come out yet. I rubbed my eyes and threw on some traveling clothes, grabbed my clothes and got into the car that was waiting for me outside.

oliviaastor

story posted

story posted

I waited about 45 minutes before my flight was called to board.

oliviaastor

story posted

story posted

Four hours later and I had landed in Baku. The company had made sure that a car was waiting for me to take me to a hotel, I guess today would be considered in some way my free day around here but I knew Charles would be busy during the day. I dropped my bag at the hotel and texted Charles that I had arrived. We were staying quite close so I tried to see if he could slip out for a few minutes to see me but he was probably at the track. I felt like a little girl asking her boyfriend not to play soccer during recess to spend time with her.

Charles did not text back so I assumed he was busy. I changed clothes and headed out to explore a little myself.

oliviaastor