Chapter 7: Avatar Returns

Water.
    Earth.
     Fire.
     and
      Air.

Long ago the four nations lived together in harmony then everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked. Only the Avatar, masker all four elements, could stop them. But when the world needed him most, he vanished for one hundred years. A few months ago the Northern Water Tribe avatar temple lit up unexpectedly. That is when the people knew he had returned.

Since then the Northern Water Tribe has entered the war along side their sister tribe. Though Chief Arnook did not like the idea of his eldest daughter and son-in-law (whom got married two years ago) participating in the war, he knew the work they were doing was important. Crown Prince Zuko and Crown Princess Sying of the Northern Water Tribe had been traveling up and down the Earth Kingdom freeing the Fire Nation colonies.

They had been freeing not only the Earth Kingdom citizens but the Fire Nation citizens as well. Slowly but surely 75% of the colonies swore alliance to Zuko and Sying. After all they're hard work, they returned home to rest and celebrate Princess Yue's becoming marrying age with fear of a rumor. Nothing could stop their names spreading like wild fire across the world even reaching the ears of the Fire Lord.

•••

Azula sneered as she was ordered to the throne room. She did not want to see her father. She didn't want to see anyone. Her friends had left but try to visit when they can. Sadly though the visits were few and far between. Hawk messages became the Fire Princess's saving grace.

With her friends gone that left her with only her father and uncle. Azula would never forgive her father for burning Zuzu and trying to kill the Ice Princess who became a sister to the younger girl. To put it simply, the Fire Princess hated her father and loathed her brother who was free while she stayed imprisoned. And she envied her friends for being able to be who they want to be.

Her relationship with Iroh was a complicated one. Azula has come to rely on the one person who has not left her but she can't help but release her frustration upon him.
"You better run along, my niece. It is best not to make my brother wait. Patience is not something he possesses." Iroh states snapping the teen out of her thoughts.

"Tch. I must be off then but first.." she pauses to move a water tribe piece on the bored, "I believe I have won Uncle."

The retired General looks in surprise at the Pia Sho bored, "Well the student has become the teacher at last." Azula smirks before slipping out of the room and down to the throne room.

"How gracious it is for you to make an appearance, Azula." The Fire Lord snarl's from the throne of fire.

"I am sorry, my lord. His loving tea-ness kept me." The Lightning Princess rolls her eyes as she does so she spots Zhao in the side of the room.

"Do not let it happen again. I expect only the best from you, Azula." The Fire flickers higher at the words only rising the Princess's heart beat. One question haunts her mind, 'Will he scar me if I fail him?'

"Of course father. It will not happen again."

"Azula, your brother and that slut of his has been causing an uproar in the colonies. You will accompany Admiral Zhao on his expedition to siege the North Pole." Fire Lord Ozai orders.

"Yes, father. It would be my honor."
Azula states through gritted teeth.

"The honor is all mine, Princess." Zhao smirks."

•••

"The Avatar! He's here!" Sying exclaims bursting out onto the court yard where her husband practices.