You: What do you want? 

Enzo: Did you know Destiny Prior??? 

You: Mhmm. 

Enzo: She says hi.

I huff an enormous exhale of fury. This is the kind of shit I'm talking about with Enzo. Of course, he knows about his DNA in the mix and he'll use that to torture me. If I ask about it, he'll know that I'm trying to figure everything out, and he'll just find new ways to push me over the edge. 

You: Stop. That isn't funny. 

Enzo: Learn to laugh. Makai always knew how to laugh. 

You: I have class, Enzo. Stop screwing around.

I venture to the second segment of school and pass Della, a bloody cut down her arm.

 "Woah," I call. "It's Adelina, right?" I question, knowing I'm already correct. 

"Ugh," she rolls her eyes. "People call me Della, but yeah. What do you want?" 

 "I heard you're going to Reyna's house..." 

She looks me up and down with disgust. "Of course she invited you." I think, growing up with a man who acted so emotional to hide his emotionless soul, I can figure out why people act certain ways. Della is acting extra snotty because, sometime today, she felt extra weak, and for that, I feel sorry for her. 

"I was just stopping to say I think we'll find Makai. Also, you should see a nurse about that," I tap my own arm to reference what I'm talking about. 

 "Oh. Yeah, thanks. And my arm is fine." With that, Della shoves past me and continues down the hall.

"Don't mind her," another voice says from behind me. I recognize her as Allister. We both have Spanish together; our next class. "She's just scared."

 "I can't blame her," I say with a small grin. "This is insane."

Enzo: What time do you get out of school? 

You: Around 2:30.

 Enzo: Knew it. 

You: How? 

Enzo: I asked Makai. I just wanted to make sure he knew what he was talking about, being missing and whatnot. 

You: Piss off, Enzo. 

"You alright?" Allister questions, placing a hand on my arm. She leans into me when she talks to me and her eyes search mine – she's a little more into me than "just friends." 

 "Mhmm," I assure, shrugging a little harder than normal to get her hand off my arm. If Reyna was around, I wouldn't want to give her the wrong idea. "Yeah, I'm just tired. We're nearing the end of the day." 

We waltz into Spanish class with Mr Esposito and take our assigned seats, Allistersitting behind me. My phone buzzes and I brace for another cold text from Enzo.

 Instead, I get this:

Unknown: Your brother is a real asshole. Would you like me to take care of that for you?

 You: Who is this? 

Unknown: Would you like me to take care of him for you?

 You: I'm really not in the mood for this broken record stuff. Who is this?

 Unknown: Would you like me to take care of him for you? 

You: I can take care of myself. That includes my brother. 

Unknown: Alright. Text or call me if you have any issues with him. 

You: Whatever.

"Mr King," my teacher booms. "Are you aware that the late bell rang three minutes ago?"

 I freeze. "Yes?" Really, I wasn't, but I'd just look stupid if I said no.

 "And why is your phone still out?" he inquires, arms crossed over his chest. "Because I didn't put it away..." 

 Mr Esposito walks over and extends a hand towards me. "Come on, Aero. Hand it over." 

 I sigh and put my phone in his hand.

"You can get it at the end of the day when you learn not to be a Smart Alec."

 I remain silent and think about the messages. Who else knows about Enzo being a total tool? And how would they have taken care of it? I was tempted to say "yes, please take care of him for me forever," but with everything happening, I can't risk having him hurt. He hurts everyone, but one of us has to rise above all the negativity and abuse. If he was hurt, my parents would be devastated. 

But don't get me wrong...if he got hurt and it wasn't my fault, I would be fine with it