36: Party, Sleep, Repeat - Part II

Justin placed his arm around me and kissed my temple to greet me. "I see you found the good stuff," he joked.

"Yeah! But I'm done, for now, I don't want to throw up on you." I laughed even though it wasn't that funny. The drink was kicking in quickly.

Rebeca suggested we'd go dancing and we spent the next few songs moving our bodies, surrounded by the odor of sweat and alcohol. At some point, Justin asked me if I wanted to go for a soak in the hot tub. Feeling lightheaded and hot I nodded, and he took my hand to guide me through the crowd. When we finally stepped outside, I welcomed the fresh air of the night as a gift.

We got to the hot tub and I took my clothes off. Justin's eyes roamed over my body hungrily and I suddenly felt that my bikini wasn't covering enough. I dipped my toe on the water to assess the temperature and quickly sat down, hoping the bubbles would hide my body. Justin got closer to me and placed his arm behind me.

"Isn't this awesome? I swear it's the best thing my parents ever bought," he said.

I then sensed another body dipping in the water. I looked up to see Nick seating in front of me, his lips forming a thin line and his burning eyes not leaving mine. A squeal caught up my attention and I saw Rebeca entering the tub. Her perfect curves sensually sat down next to Nick. I suddenly felt self-conscious of my body. I looked down at my small breasts trying to hide them with my arms.

Rebeca told Justin the party was great, and they started talking about a bunch of random things that, I figured, are only subjects of interest to the popular kids. At some point, I felt Justin's hand slide on my tight. I adjusted myself uncomfortably but didn't say anything. For some reason, I looked at Nick who had Rebeca glued to him like a barnacle. His eyes were not leaving mine, making me feel even more uncomfortable, but I wasn't going to show him that, so I held his dark gaze.

After a few more minutes we left our place to others and went back inside to dance some more. I tried having fun but couldn't, I couldn't take my mind from Nick and Rebeca. So, I went to the kitchen and drank some more, hoping it would help. It didn't.

"Are you okay there?" A voice I didn't recognize asked.

I turned to see a guy who looked like he could be a bit older than us. His hair reached his shoulders and looked like silk. There was something about him though...

"Have we met before?" I asked. "There's something familiar about you."

"Nah. I don't think so. I haven't been around for a while. I'm Logan." He offered me his hand and I shook it.

"Julie," I smiled.

"So, Julie. What got you so down?"

"Get away from her," Nick's voice warned. I swear this guy. I rolled my eyes and let out an exaggerated exasperated sigh.

Logan was taken aback as if he was surprised to see Nick there. He shifted his head around as if he was looking for something or someone.

"Not here," Nick said. "Now move along."

Logan's jaw clenched as he held Nick's glare. He approached me to whisper to my hear "Whatever it is alcohol will only make it worse. Trust me." He looked at me earnestly and I nodded to him, not sure of what was happening. Then he left stopping to stare one last time at Nick.

"What did he say?" Nick asked once Logan was gone.

"Nothing that concerns you. What are you even doing?!"

"That guy is messed up."

"Oh and you're the one to talk?" I immediately bit my tongue in regret. "Just let me be!" I stomped out of the kitchen, furious. I went straight to the garden finding urge for fresh, cold air. Logan seemed nice enough, I mean he did warn me about drinking, so why did Nick had to interfere like that? Then again last time he warned me, or tried, he had been right. I assumed Nick knew Logan and wondered what Logan might have done to deserve Nick's despise. Why was I even thinking about that?! Who cares what Nick thinks, he's back with Rebeca, he has no moral to judge others!