LXV

-

Can You Keep A Secret?

-

"I asked my parents if I could hang out with Lisa-unnie, and then I asked Lisa-unnie if I could hang out with you."

Those were Ella's exact words when a still slightly stunned Jisoo asked her everything that's needed to be asked. She still can't believe how the kid retorted in just a sentence, so short and so easy, as if her response is nothing but the most obvious thing in the world.

"Where's your Lisa-unnie, then?" Jisoo remembers asking a follow-up in return.

Ella just shrugged, eyes still focused on the giant screen in front of them while her fingers moved swiftly along the controller, flicking the buttons easily with her thumbs.

"She said if she accompanies me to you, you'd probably kill her. So she asked a woman who passed us by in the lobby to take me here."

"She did what?!"

If Jisoo won't be killing Lisa tonight upon learning that information, the brunette was certain Chaeyoung will. And she's definitely looking forward to it.

Jisoo and Ella have already been playing for several minutes— Mario Kart. It gave Jisoo some painful flashbacks, but she didn't realize it could get any worse after she asks Ella what she wants to play next and the little girl exclaims,

"Call of Duty: Warzone!"

It could definitely get much worse.

"Oh, shit— I mean, oh what the hell, how are you so good at this game?" Jisoo exclaims in disbelief as she stared at the monitor wide-eyed, her character once again killed-off so painfully easily by Ella's.

The little girl laughs, flicking the controller buttons in her hands in order to target and haunt for Jisoo's character once again. "I played it many times a couple months back to get the hang of it, unnie."

She finds Jisoo's character behind a stacked wooden cratebox, raining bullets on him out of nowhere and catching the brunette off-guard, making her jaw drop automatically on the floor.

"But, what the— you're kicking my ass good here, kid. I'm actually a bit embarrassed now."

Ella giggles fondly in return.

"I've been practicing long enough. This is Chaeyoung-unnie and I's favorite game."

Jisoo had to stop herself from visibly freezing in her spot, the sudden skipping of her heart inside her chest causing her to chuckle lightly to herself, feeling somewhat absurd.

"I see." She returns softly, earning no more response from the little girl. Jisoo glanced at her, watching the way Ella focused solely on the game, it's quite amusing. And Jisoo wasn't sure if it was just the sight of the little girl that made the flashbacks not too heavy on her chest, anymore.

It was, in fact, eased enough for her to find the courage to add quietly, "You know, your Chaeyoung-unnie and I had our first conversation about you in the middle of a Call Of Duty game," chuckling after and wondering why the small smile on her lips didn't seem to falter even when she finishes off, "Her ass was dying and I was mostly responsible for it."