LXIII

-

It Comes Back

-

Nayeon called for her, attempting to run after her, but Jisoo didn't let her. She ignored her calling, and she just kept walking fast, gaze fixed straight ahead.

She'd reach the exit, thank god there's no press waiting for her outside. But that's only because it's pouring, sidewalks wet and slippery, the midnight breeze cold as it brushes against Jisoo's skin.

"Jisoo!"

No.

Not tonight.

She's the last person Jisoo wants to see, the last thing she wants to deal with.

In fact, she's the person Jisoo never wants to deal with ever again. She'd cause all this in the first place. She'd crawled her way into Jisoo's life as if only taking a dreamy stroll on the moon, everything else doesn't matter. She'd waltz into the picture as if she was meant to be in it— when she's not.

Rosie is unintentional.

A collateral damage.

Rosie doesn't belong to where Jisoo does.

And Jisoo doesn't want Rosie, anymore.

"Jisoo, stop!" Chaeyoung's voice echoes her ears once more, seemingly nearing Jisoo's spot the longer she called out, "Jisoo!"

She tried to walk faster, she swears she did. But maybe it's her dense chest, or the heaviness of the rain that slowed her down. Maybe the huge droplets that blurred her vision caused her to be trapped once again in Chaeyoung's arms, the blonde's embrace holding her close, secure;

"Baby, please talk to me."

Or maybe it was Chaeyoung's voice that pulled her to a total stop, and Jisoo is frozen in her spot.

She didn't get a response, but it didn't mean it was a sign for Chaeyoung to let go of Jisoo's waist.

"Chu," She cries, her head firmly tucked under Jisoo's chin as they both stood by the sidewalk, drenched from the pouring rain. "I'm here." Jisoo wasn't hugging her back, but it didn't matter. To Chaeyoung, nothing else matters, anymore. "I'm right here, baby. Just, please, talk to me."

Silence.

It was impossibly heavier than the rain; or both of their throbbing hearts inside their chests. Jisoo doesn't move a muscle, doesn't attempt to hug Chaeyoung back. She just lets her, like she always does. Just lets Chaeyoung do whatever she wants.

And Jisoo is tired.

So, instead, she pulled away, stepping back when Chaeyoung attempted to reach for her again.

But it was Jisoo's words that stopped her completely.

"I don't think this is gonna work." Jisoo gulped, gesturing with her hands towards the distance she'd created in between their barely adjacent bodies, "This— you, me; talking, seeing each other, being in one place."