I

-

You Said It

-

"And I would like to take this opportunity to commend my best friend, Kim Jongin," Lisa raised her glass, turning to face a smiling Kai at the black velvet couch not far away from her, before glancing at the cat-eyed brunette seated next to him. "and his beautiful wife-to-be."

Kai let out a soft chuckle, while feline eyes were nowhere to be found.

"Cheers to your engangement." Lisa's smile almost faded the moment her gaze landed on the expensive diamond ring sitting pretty on Jennie's finger, but she managed to mask her genuine expression with a chuckle just in time. "I couldn't be happier for the two of you."

The rest of their friends cheered out loud, and Jennie just sent the Thai a toothless smile.

Although, cat eyes turned somewhat glossy as she watched the latter down her drink all at once before casually heading towards the door of the VIP room Kai booked just for them to celebrate his engagement with Jennie Kim.

Passing by a chuckling blonde, Lisa rolled her eyes. "Quit it, Rosie."

"Sorry," Rosie raised her hands playfully, as if surrendering. Standing up, she followed Lisa towards the door. "Just that it's the fakest speech I've ever heard in my entire life."

The Thai scoffed. "Well, it's not like being honest is still an option for me in these circumstances, is it?"

"True," Rosie laughed. "What can I say? Guess that's what you get for still going for that little game of yours back in college when I've already warned you a million times about it."

Lisa first met Jennie at the University Library the latter works at part-time.

The Thai was with Rosie at the most secluded part of the library, talking about how Lisa needed someone to use to make her ex girlfriend, Mina, jealous so she'd get back together with her. Rosie said it was a stupid idea, but Lisa thought it's the only way and seemed so determined about it.

The cat-eyed girl happened to be dusting one of the shelves behind Lisa and Rosie's spot as they chatted away, so she ended up hearing everything. And Lalisa Manoban, being who she is, boldly asked the pretty nerd if she's up for the job, and for some reasons, Jennie said yes.

Well, turns out one of those reasons was because Jennie has been in love with the oblivious Thai all along.

However, it seems like the universe was playing a silly trick on them, because the moment Lisa realized she's already fallen in love with the cat-eyed girl as well, Mina suddenly decided to get back together with her again, causing Jennie's world to crumble and helplessly fall apart.

Time went by and they never spoke again.

Not until Lisa's best friend, Kai, decided to finally introduce her to his fiancé many years later.

You finish the puzzle.

"Well, I'm not Lisa if I'm not stupid." The Thai said sarcastically, rolling her eyes and causing the blonde to laugh.

"You're not stupid." Rosie patted the ash-haired girl at the back comfortingly. "You just fell in love."

"Which is stupid, no?"

The blonde laughed. "You said it."

When they reached the bar, Rosie immediately sat down the stool, raising an eyebrow at the Thai who only attempted to keep walking ahead. "Lis, the bar's right here."

Lisa shrugged, eyelids droopy, perhaps because of too much vodka. "No, thanks, Chipmunk. I feel like dancing."

She didn't wait for a response anymore, and Rosie smiled as she watched her completely disappear into the pools of drunken crowd by the dancefloor of the luxurious nightclub.

Dancing; It's always been the Thai's escape from everything - from the cruel world and the harsh reality people have to wake up in everyday. She says giving in completely to the movement and the music brings her closer to her inner peace.

Rosie understood.

Lisa needs to express her emotions, and dancing is wonderfully emotional.

It's the perfect way to let out everything that she's not, and will never be able to speak of verbally.

At least, not to a certain cat-eyed girl.

The blonde wants to feel sorry for Lisa, but she knew the latter wouldn't want to be pitied in any way. And to be honest, Rosie doesn't just feel sorry about her ex college roommate's situation.

It somehow, at some point, scared her, too, the slightest bit.

That's why she's never been in a relationship since college, and she swore to herself that she would never, in a million years, be tied down to just one person.

Because how scary it is to fall in love?

She doesn't want to go through what Lisa's been going through. She doesn't think she can.

She doesn't think she's strong enough.

-