XIV

-

We're Friends

-

"Wait, what?" Lisa asked confusedly, glancing back and forth towards the two. "Nothing serious, how?"

Rosie rolled her eyes. She hates how Lisa could be such an idiot sometimes.

Now how can she explain it to the Thai without making the situation all awkward?

"Uhm," Thank god there's Jisoo to do the job for her, then. "You know," The brunette chuckled, glancing back at Rosie once again before turning immediately to a confused Lisa. "We're together sometimes, but that's it. No strings or whatever."

Okay, that fucking hurts.

(Though it shouldn't in the first place, right?)

"Huh," Lisa trailed off, pulling the blonde out of her depressing thoughts. "So, you guys are just..."

"Messing around, yes." Rosie finishes off when Lisa still couldn't seem to find the right words.

"Like fuck buddies?" The Thai asked, now turning to Jisoo and keeping her gaze firm on the brunette, making Rosie silently wonder what was the reason for.

On the other hand, Jisoo chuckled.

"Come on, Lali, Rosie's more than just that." The statement caused the blonde to snap her gaze towards the now grinning brunette, feeling her heart beat ten times as fast. She didn't know if she should hate the way a subtle hint of hope suddenly sparked on her insides as she watched Jisoo smile genuinely at her. "We're friends."

Oh.

Is it weird how that statement came off as a big slap on Rosie's face?

"With benefits, sort of?" Lisa trailed off, eyebrows furrowing as she continued to stare at Jisoo confusedly. "But that's not really your thing, is it, Chu?"

What? Now it's Rosie's turn to look at Jisoo confusedly.

If this isn't her thing, then why would she want to keep doing this with me?

The question took Jisoo aback, letting out a light chuckle as she shrugged, chocolate eyes nowhere to be found.

"Well, you know me." She said, looking back up at the two, smile now more certain than before. "I like to see how things go after a subtle change."

What the fuck does that even mean? Rosie furrowed her eyebrows even more.

Lisa stayed silent for a second, expression now turning genuinely concerned.

She knew Nayeon, and she knew Jisoo when she was still with her. However, she also knew Jisoo after she's officially done with her;

And god, does Lisa know how bad it was, and how bad it did the older brunette in the past.

She was supposed to fucking propose. Lisa thought to herself. If Nayeon didn't leave her, she would've been the woman Jisoo married and spent the entire rest of her life with.