prologue

I remember falling to the ground chasing after Charlie, our puppy that Daddy had gotten for the family last Christmas.

One of my knees starts immediately bleeding from a rock hidden in the grass and the tears start rolling down my cheeks as I cry out loudly. "Dad!" He always makes everything better. Mom has these special bandaids that are bright pink with hearts all over them and then she kisses my cheeks.

I love my parents.

I wipe my nose on my sleeve, getting ready to get up myself since my parents are inside when a hand reaches out in front of me. "Are you okay?" Henry asks me and I sniffle loudly. I put my hand in his as he helps me up.

"I hurt my knee. I was chasing Charlie."

Henry lifted his shorts up to reveal a pale white scar on his knee. "Maybe we'll have matching ones." He smiles at me, one of his front teeth missing after he knocked it out playing football with Dad and Uncle Chris a couple days ago.

I've forgotten all about the pain in my knee. "Do you think so?"

"I think it'd be cool if we did."

Henry's right. It would be cool.

When I look back and think on that moment, I realize I was chasing after the wrong thing when I ran after Charlie. But it led me to a much bigger realization.

That was the moment I decided I loved Henry Price and I prayed that we would have matching scars on our knees.

I had no idea that moment would turn into this.

Into me spending the next fifteen years chasing after you

A/N

Hey everyone! Thanks for giving Mirabelle's story a chance. I'm really excited to see how it's going to turn out. After writing eight other books, I promise I still have some tricks up my sleeve that I haven't used. 

Chasing After You can be read as a standalone but it will feature beloved characters from Little Do You Know and Almost so it might be helpful to read those first. 

Chapters will be updated every few days, depends on how easy the story is coming to me. I'm always too impatient to stick to an actual updating schedule so usually once I finish a chapter, I'll upload it just like I have with my other works. 

Hope you guys are ready for another crazy ride with me.

xoxo laurea