🌦 Summertime Showers 🌦

Type: Fluff

-

Enjoy!

-

It was 12pm. The atmosphere was surprisingly quiet, no street parties or barbecues, nobody making a fuss and no cars driving by. However, that wasn't the only out-of-the-ordinary thing about that afternoon.

You see, this summer's day wasn't so sunny, in fact it was raining, quite heavily at that. Maybe that's why nobody was out...

Anyways, we begin in a small, white house at the end of this particular street, where a man with fluffy, ginger hair and warm, amber eyes was sitting on his and his boyfriend's crimson, king-sized bed, watching the fast water droplets racing down the small, window whilst drinking a lukewarm mug of hot chocolate. His purple-haired boyfriend, who was currently studying for an upcoming college exam, looked at his lover, sorrowfully.

"Luke..?" The auburn-haired boy's partner muttered, getting up from his wooden desk and shuffling towards the bed, rubbing Luke's back afterwards. "What's wrong, honey?" Luke sighed.

"It's nothing... I just wish the sun would come up, y'know? Instead of all of this rain..." He vented, Zander taking in every word and trying to come up with a solution to help the tanner man. After thinking for a minute, the periwinkle-eyed boy spoke again.

"The rain isn't actually that bad, y'know. I find it quite calming in fact. Watching the tiny rain droplets fall from the sky and patter on the window helps me relax." Zander said, stroking Luke's pink-tinted cheek. "Besides, it looks like they're racing when they glide down the window." The pale boy giggled, his eyes lighting up.

"Heh, how do you always find a way to be so adorable?" The brown-haired boy chuckled. Hearing his boyfriend's loving remark, Zander became flustered rather quickly.

"L-Luke! You know I'm easily flustered!" Zander squealed, making Luke laugh softly, quickly calming the galaxy-haired boy down, just like it had done every other time Zander got annoyed before, ever since they were kids.

"Haha.. Anyway," The lavender-eyed boy said, "You should try rain-watching. Look!" Zander pointed to the small window. When Luke glanced out of it, he saw lots of transparent rain drops falling out of the cadet grey sky and onto the pavement, creating small, rippling puddles.

To his surprise, Zander was right. It was quite calming.

"Wow... You're right. This is beautiful." Luke muttered. Zander chuckled quietly.

"See? I told you so!" The purple-haired male laughed, slightly arrogantly, despite not wanting to come off as rude to his auburn-haired boyfriend.

"You did, didn't you?" The gold-eyed boy mumbled, pecking Zander's sunkissed-coloured knuckles.

"I love you, sweetie." Luke spoke calmly.

"Yeah," The mauve-haired boy said,

"But not as much as I love you."

-

Is rain-watching an actual word lmao-? Anyway, I hope you enjoyed! This was just a oneshot I wrote to take a break from working from Backstage Pass lol