Introduction

Hi y'all.

I'm back with another Russian Roulette love story. This time centering around Jace and Phoenix.

The story can in theory be read independently, though I would advise for you to read Russian Roulette: Family secrets first as a lot is explained there. Some of the chapters in this book is in direct correlation with chapters from Family secrets.

If you just want to read about Jace and Phoenix, I'll post which chapters to read from Family secrets to get to know the two.

Chapters from Russian Roulette: Family secrets [2021 Edited version]
8-13, 17-18, 25-26, 28-29, 35-39, 44-45, 47, 49, 51, 54-55, 57, 60-63, 65, 70, 73, 76-78.

As specified in the blurb, Russian Roulette: Flashbacks is a MxM story, which means gay love and interaction of a sexual nature between two men. If that's not for you, please don't read.

This book will not be like most books with a linear storyline, it'll be in the form of flashbacks to certain events important to Jace and Phoenix's story, some of those events relating to events in Family secrets, which is why reading that first, can be an advantage. There will be time jumps in the flashbacks. Though it will be chronological there can be months or years between the events in the flashbacks.

I need to stress the content of the book is dark at times. It's a romance with suspense and mystery. But it does hold topics that can trigger some. I don't do trigger warnings in the chapters. You decided to read the book knowing what the blurb, disclaimer and tags said. I'm not responsible for that decision. I fully respect if somebody doesn't want to read the book, for whatever personal reasons, but you've been informed and warned beforehand.

Topics (not necessarily on-page descriptions) in the book include but are not limited to: Gay love and sex. Mafia affiliation. Murder. Torture. BDSM. Non-consensual sex/Rape. Violence. Abuse. Sex trafficking. Psychological terror. Most described in graphic detail, whereas some are more in latent background information. I need to point out, I don't condone nor practice illegal acts.

It's a work of fiction.

Maybe to some it's important to mention that I write American English, though I live in Europe. That's because my father's family is American. I've had a few people comment on spelling and word usage. And I know it can be confusing. I write American English, but with an European mindset. Bear with me. 

Please all remember, the votes and comments are important for me to know how the story is progressing and the characters are developing. How you read the book and interpret the character's behavior is paramount for me to know, because that will give me a chance to improve my writing. So, please keep the comments and votes coming.

And, seriously, I'd love to know what you think and interact with y'all.

Please, enjoy the book.

Love always,

Alix