24. overdose.

Johnny pov

Johnny pov.

I woke up with a gasp and take deep breaths.

I feel something heavy in my hand and look down. Apollo was wearing my Iron maiden shirt with an oversized zip up black hoodie over that plus a black beenie.

He was fast asleep with his head resting on the side of the bed and his hands tightly clasped around mine.

I take in my surroundings. I was laying in a hospital bed with wires and tubes attached to me.

"what, what is this?" I mutter and sit up a little.

"you overdosed" a voice speaks from my side. Gretchen sits at the other side of the bed in the waiting chair with my leather jacket placed on her shoulders. what's she doing here?

then the door opens and my mother walks in.

"Johnny" she sighs in relief when she sees me awake. Apollo was still fast asleep with my hand held tightly.

Gretchen stands up and hugs my mom. when they pull away she turns to me.

"im gonna go." she says and pulls off my jacket. she places it on the chair.

"Gretchen, don't...look, I-I'll get clean. I need to spea-" she cuts me off quickly.

"I hope you find yourself. the real you" she glances at Apollo and walks back to my mom.

"can't you just stay for a little bit?" My mom asks.

"ill pray for Johnny" she then leaves the room with a final look towards my boyfriend.

"fuck" I whisper and watch my mom move to Gretchens original seat.

she looks down at Apollo and smiles a little.

"he's been here all night, you know? he got the call late last night and rushed straight over. his brother, Leo, I think. he told me he's not been sleeping much lately. he was so worried" she tells me. "he really loves you, Johnny. hes been asleep since this morning, he tried to stay awake incase you woke up but ended up falling asleep."

i look at Apollo and smile. he snored lightly with his hair covering one side of his face. he looked so peaceful.

"h-how are things for you out here?" I ask my mom.

"well, actually, I met someone. when your back on your feet, I'd love for you to meet him" before I can answer I hear a soft groan come from Apollo. he slowly wakes up from his slumber. "ill give you two some space"

I nod and watch her also walk out the room.

Apollo slowly rises his head and wipes his eyes with his free hand. he looks up at me and grins when he sees I'm awake.

"Johnny!" he yells and rushes up for a hug. I laugh and hug back tightly. I Bury my head in his shoulder and breath in his aftershave.

"hey, baby." I breath. he pulls away a little and leans in for a kiss. I kiss back and hold his cheeks softly. he pulls away a second later and sits back down.

"how are you feeling? I was worried" he says holding my hand again.

"I heard. I'm sorry, Apollo, I'll get clean, I promise"

"I know that, Johnny. I tried to stay awake but I guess I fell asleep."

"its okay, Leo said you weren't sleeping much, is everything okay?" I ask him with concern laced in my voice.

"yeah, just tour stuff. I'm so glad your okay" I lean forward and kiss him again. then Elias and my mom walk in again.

We turn to them confused.

"man, look at you. being a rockstar is an intersection between who you are and who you wanna be. you hold the key to your own destiny. it's about time you start looking for the lock."

____________________________

I sat In the most expensive rehab Elias could find wearing no shirt and some joggies bottems.

" Welcome, I am very thankful" the sensai greets and walks towards me. "you have chosen to heal with me."

"thank you for having me"

____________________________

I know this was short but it's nearly the end of the movie so I want the next few chapters to be full of action.

Im not sure how to end the book yet. should I end it like the movie? or should I do my own ending? I don't know.

also, now that paradise City is released I might write that aswell but I know there's some stuff between lily and Johnny so it might not work. Plus! Kellin Quinn is actually in Paradise City, so unless there is some seperated-at-birth-twin-shit I may need to rethink.

Peace!