|121| Penny Humphrey

The healers had healed Remus, and he was now breathing normally. The healers were now trying to heal the muggles.

Riley couldn't take her eyes away from Penny's body. Will sobbed, Ethan only yelled. Even Peter had tried getting Ethan to stop yelling.

"Oi — stop yelling," Peter said weakly.

"I don't even know who those people were — I don't  know what happened — but my sister is dead! Was it you? And — and — I could swear that was sorcery or magic—! Did you kill my sister — you bastard!" yelled Ethan. Peter was trying so hard not to punch him in the face.

"Calm down!" he shouted. "And shut up!"

"Ethan — it's not Peter's fault—" said Will shakily. "It's not our fault—"

"What are you all?" said Ethan. "Some kind of gang who murder people?! And — and — the sticks—"

"Shut up, all right?" said Remus angrily, despite having trouble breathing. Ethan frowned.

Riley turned to Will slowly.

"W—Why did you come here in the first place?" she asked with her voice trembling. "Did you know there'd be an attack?"

"No, our grandmother was coming, so I told Ethan and Penny too, thought they would wanna come. Walter didn't want to. I shouldn't have brought them — is it my fault?" asked Will.

"No!" said Riley. "No, it's not your fault. It's the death eaters' fault. Don't blame yourself, you couldn't have known, I didn't know there'd be an attack until this morning either."

Will gave a wry smile, then started talking to another muggle.

Soon, all the muggles, except for Ethan, were taken out of the coffee shop. Riley thought their memories would all be erased, it was against the law for a muggle to know the presence of magic (if they weren't family members.)

But they didn't do the same for Ethan. Riley didn't know why, she assumed it was because Penny was his sister.

Remus seemed all right, Peter was fixing the coffee shop.

Riley watched the people who took Penny away. She just stared in silence, wanting to scream. She was exhausted, the war didn't ease, people died everyday. She didn't stop crying, because this was too much for her to handle.

Riley had known Penny since they were three years old. She was the kindest soul Riley had ever seen, had the biggest heart. Penny had always been there for Riley, but Riley couldn't save her from the death eaters. She partly felt guilty, but tried comforting herself by repeating the thought 'It's not my fault,' over and over. But it didn't matter whose fault it was. Penny Humphrey was dead.

Penny wasn't related to Riley, but she could easily say she had been her sister.

So she sobbed, and didn't feel the need to hide it.

Will looked the same as Riley, he cried quietly as he watched the events happen. Although Penny never liked Will, they were cousins. They never fought over something serious, they never showed that they actually loved one another. Maybe it was because they didn't spend as much time together, or because their personalities were very different. But Penny was Will's cousin, and he would do anything to bring her back.

Ethan was hard to understand. He was definitely furious, or even more than furious. He clearly wanted to yell until someone stopped him. But it wasn't because he was sad for his twin sister, he was just angry at the four of them. He wanted to blame someone so badly that he was blinded, he didn't show a single sign of sadness for Penny, he just screamed out of pure spite.