|99| Ash, Seventh Year

23rd of February, 1978

"Have you seen Ash?" asked Riley as she threw another pillow off the bed. She had looked everywhere for the cat, yet he was nowhere to be seen.

"No, maybe he finally died," said Marlene.

"Hey! He is a cat!" said Riley angrily. "I don't understand you..."

"He's creepy, he keeps chewing off my shoes, and he hisses at me for no reason at all!" said Marlene angrily.

"Fine! But you will miss the cat when he — oh my god it's so sad to think about..." said Riley and sat down. "What if something happened to him? Nothing happened to him for four years, he knows his way around the castle!"

"I'm starting to think she actually has feelings after all..." said Dorcas and kissed Marlene on her way out the dormitory.

Riley left after her, trying to get down to the Great Hall on time for lunch. It was a Saturday, but it wasn't a usual Saturday with the cat missing.

"Oi! We have quidditch practice, remember?" said James and showed off his quidditch uniforms.

"Er — no I don't — but all right maybe I'll see him around there..."

"Him? Who is he? Anyone you're dating?" asked James curiously. "You're moving on?"

"What — no! Well, only for the first question. Dunno about the second one — that's not the point! Ash is missing!" said Riley. "I'm trying to find him."

"Ash? Who the hell is Ash?"

"My cat! The cat you fucking hate and probably wish that he never shows up..." said Riley as she rolled her eyes.

"Oh yeah, that beast. I like to refer to him as the monster who ruined our lives," said James in disgust.

"Who you also keep kicking out of your dorm on a daily basis and who you probably have seen today!" said Riley.

"Quidditch comes first!" said James and walked over to the pitch. Riley followed him.

Everyone was there, waiting as they spoke about their last game with Hufflepuff. They had won by one hundred and fifty points. James looked proud as he cleared his throat.

"Oi! Everyone! Focus! Right, we need to keep up with the scores and win the cup again!" James said loudly. "Aidan, Riley, you have to be even more brutal this time."

"Finally... I've been wanting to injure that bastard Black all year!" said Aidan excitedly. Violet turned towards the boy and gave him a stare.

"It also means that we can finally throw the bludgers to Mulciber and Avery! What a dream," said Riley dreamily.

"I'm concerned about the way you two think..." said Kyle. "But the thought of it seems nice."

"That's the spirit!" said James with a smile. "All right, Davey, last game was good but not good enough," said James. Davey Gudgeon was the new seeker for the Gryffindor team. Felicity Jones and Jerome Pough had left Hogwarts. The new keeper was a boy named Stephen.

***

James finally let the team go after two and a half hours of nonstop practice. Riley was heading towards the Gryffindor Tower.

She dropped her broomstick on the floor and sat on the couch right across the fireplace. She then took out a piece of parchment from her pocket and the quill she found on the table. She had a Charms essay due the next day and she hadn't started yet.

"Hey there!" said Lily as she sat next to her. "What are you doing?"

"Charms essay," said Riley and showed Lily the empty paper. "I was just starting."

"That's due tomorrow, and you still haven't done it?" said Lily as she rolled her eyes.

"It's fine," said Riley. "And maybe if —"

"I'm not giving you my essay," said Lily. Riley sighed.

"Can you then at least tell your amazing boyfriend to not make us practice for hours?" asked Riley sarcastically. Lily laughed.

Riley looked back down at the piece of parchment, but then something caught her eye. It was a furry grey cat running upstairs to the boys' dormitory.

"Hey — Ash!" she stood up and started running towards the cat. Ash ran upstairs, but Riley couldn't catch the cat. She looked around but there was no sign of the him.

She then walked over to the door of the boys' dormitory and knocked.

"Is anyone there?" she asked loudly. But there was no reply. "Hello? I think Ash just went in there, have you guys taken him into the dorm?"

Again, there was no reply. Riley sighed and slowly turned the doorknob, assuming the dorm was empty.

She opened the door.

"Ash —" she said but then her words were cut off as she noticed two people, naked on the bed. It was Sirius and Remus.

"HOLY SHIT!" screamed Riley as she clapped her hands to her eyes. "FUCKING HELL—"

"Shit—" she heard Remus say. "Oh no—"

"Merlin — Why did you burst in here like that?!" yelled Sirius. Riley turned around to leave the dormitory.

"I knocked, SEVERAL TIMES!" she yelled and walked down the stairs.

"What happened up there?" asked Lily as she looked at Riley. "You were yelling—"

"Ah! Them — they were — holy shit!" Riley exclaimed loudly. Riley also noticed James and Peter coming into the common room.

Riley turned around and saw Remus and Sirius come downstairs.

"There's something we have to tell you guys..." said Sirius nervously.

———

A/N:

WOLFSTAR. FINALLY. I'VE BEEN WANTING TO WRITE THIS CHAPTER SINCE CHAPTER FOURTEEN AHHHHHHHH!!!!